St. Lawrence River temperature

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Is Ricky finally finishing up class or you just going for fun? Andrew mentioned he had a group coming up this weekend.

Finally finishing! I think this is my new record for longest class. This specific trip got cancelled before but its looking like this time is definitely a go. I'm planning on wearing my neoprene drysuit without any layers based on the water temps I'm seeing but may end up bringing my trilam and undergarments just in case. Seeing what the rebreather guys are bringing vs me and all my extra stage bottles made me sad. One more case for rebreather in my future.

Finally finishing! I think this is my new record for longest class. This specific trip got cancelled before but its looking like this time is definitely a go. I'm planning on wearing my neoprene drysuit without any layers based on the water temps I'm seeing but may end up bringing my trilam and undergarments just in case. Seeing what the rebreather guys are bringing vs me and all my extra stage bottles made me sad. One more case for rebreather in my future.

We were all pretty comfortable had the gamut of different undergarments. A couple people wore Halo 3d because it's all they had (way too warm but were fine), another person just wore thin base layers and me and @Tug were Fourth Element Arctics. Depends on your runtimes and what not. Water is quite a bit warmer than air.

For Andrew's boat if you have not used him before I recommend small milkcrate or bag. No huge dive bins. His boat is very well organized and he has a nice ladder but it can get crowded if everyone has huge dive bins. We all usually gear up in our drysuit on the dock. Jodrey is literally 4-5 minutes from his marina.

Hopefully the visibility gets better. It is definitely improving as water temperatures drop it seems. It was still miles better than what New England had recently.

So what is the current Vis around A-Bay? Any body dove today?

I got back Sunday night from 3 days of diving the Clayton / Alexandria Bay area. Average temps were around 64-65 and I'd say visibility was around 10-20ft. I thoroughly enjoyed my time up there.

63°F at the surface on the Roy A. Jodrey yesterday. 61°F below 200 feet. Visibility was 20 - 30 feet in the channel.

Had 58* F at the Bonnie Castle launch today. Vis has finally started to improve,,,20-25' and tons of perch and smallies around the platforms.

54F Lock 21 today @ 10:30am
Almost zero visibility for first 10ft or so. Much better at depth, but still not great.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom