St. Lawrence River temperature

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Anyone been in water recently? I'm heading up this weekend for first charter of year to dive Keystorm and Jodrey.

Expecting 37-38f? I hope..

NOAA is reporting Ontario (off Rochester) is 39. Sackets Harbor is reporting 34.

Erie is ice as far as we can see from the harbor...

upload_2019-4-10_15-26-25.png

Sounds like it's going to be a bit chilly. Hoping for good winter visibility.

I'm hoping for a good visibility season. Last year was no bueno....

Buddy said 36 in Cornwall. I think 38 would be dreaming

Pretty much what I am expecting 36f. Brr. :) I'll post a visibility report for the Keystorm and Jodrey after this weekend.

Me and @ScubaGypsy had some fantastic dives in the St Lawrence today. We had approximately 50-60ft of visibility on both the Keystorm and the Jodrey. Excellent conditions.

The water temperatures at depth was 32f-33f degrees (~0c). Brr! I've had warmer temperatures while ice diving..

Back out to the Jodrey tomorrow for more dive to dodge more icebergs and brave arctic water temperatures.

@macado, who did you charter with? I was under the impression that the charter operators weren't in the water yet.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom