St. Lawrence River temperature

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Galop Canal & the Conestoga this evening. 70f / 21c with vis about 15 feet or so.

Did the Muskie and Gaskin last night and was very surprised. The temp has dropped to 67F (was 72 on Sunday) however the vis has improved a bit from the weekend however it was patchy. Gcarter I suspect the colder water should be at the Connie by now (you got in/out just in time).

I was across the river last nite in Lisbon. Water was a little cooler and the vis maybe 10' . Better than last week's 5-7'.

Did the Muskie and Gaskin last night and was very surprised. The temp has dropped to 67F (was 72 on Sunday) however the vis has improved a bit from the weekend however it was patchy. Gcarter I suspect the colder water should be at the Connie by now (you got in/out just in time).
I was surprised that it was that warm - it was 19c / 66f when I dove the Lillie on Sunday.

Heading up there next weekend. Hoping the visibility continues to slowly improve. Jodrey with 5' of viz would not be fun :-( Hoping for 10-15ft..

Looks like I should expect 65-67F for water temps?

Heading up there next weekend. Hoping the visibility continues to slowly improve. Jodrey with 5' of viz would not be fun :-( Hoping for 10-15ft..

Looks like I should expect 65-67F for water temps?

That's probably a safe bet.

NOAA is saying it is 65.8F at A Bay at the moment.

NDBC - Station ALXN6 Recent Data

@macado
How was the trip? I think I missed you by a week. I'm heading up Friday morning to see the Jodrey and a few of the other wrecks in the area.

@macado
How was the trip? I think I missed you by a week. I'm heading up Friday morning to see the Jodrey and a few of the other wrecks in the area.

It was pretty good. Water was 66-67F and the cool air temperatures 40-50f made gearing up in a drysuit really nice. I originally used some really thin 150-200gram undergarments but I was too negative in freshwater so I switched back to my Fourth Element Arctics and was very warm. I used generic garden gloves rather than neoprene gloves or dry gloves.

Unfortunately we didn't have the great visibility but still a fun trip. About 10ft of visibility on the Keystorm, 20-25ft on the Vickery, and a pretty bad and cloudy 5-10ft on Jodrey for the first day. Yesterday on the Jodrey was much better with 10-15ft+ and little more ambient light.

Is Ricky finally finishing up class or you just going for fun? Andrew mentioned he had a group coming up this weekend.

Back
Top Bottom