St. Lawrence River temperature

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Temperature is dropping. We lost 1 degree. Now, 73°F down from 74°F during a drift to the Gaskin. Fall's a coming! Getting dark early too. Longer, cooler nights. I've been wearing a 3/2 mm wetsuit. Might be in a 5 mm in 2 weeks.

Had a change of plans today,,,quoting a project in Mississippi. Was planning to checkout Centeen Park, underwater this time. But will post you when I do get time. I actually live across from Brockville.

Today at Centeen temp was 71 and viz sucked, maybe 10’

Yes the viz has deteriorated a bunch!! Went to A-Bay to try out a new setup and the viz 65-70' was maybe 10-12'. I hope the zebra mussels don't explode next year with all the nutrients in the water. I had 72* F.

Crap. I have Jodrey dives coming up. Hope it gets better.

Crap. I have Jodrey dives coming up. Hope it gets better.
I personally don't see it improving in the near future. Temps are still warm and it will take colder water to stop the production of algae and such. Wish you the best on the Jodery, hopefully, the water clears at those depths!!

Viz was terrible last night 10 foot max on the channel drift in Brockville.
Which sucked because the sturgeon came out to play.
It was also pitch black below 90 feet.

I remember about 25 years ago getting 100’ of viz give or take.
Diving at Ivy Lea, under the bridge, looking at our gauges at 200’ give or take....and looking up at the bridge. I doubt I’ll see that ever again in my life!

73f / 23c on the tin plate & lock 23 last night. Vis was a stellar five feet.

Any one have any updates as to the vis?? The cool nights have hopefully made it better!! Back home for a few and wanting to get under!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom