St Catharines Area Dive March 28th

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The canal was still frozen over on Sunday, so we changed plans and dove the shallow wreck (the Nina replica) in Jordan Harbour. Viz was almost zero, but it was good to get wet nonetheless. Beautiful day too.

warren_l:
The canal was still frozen over on Sunday, so we changed plans and dove the shallow wreck (the Nina replica) in Jordan Harbour. Viz was almost zero, but it was good to get wet nonetheless. Beautiful day too.

We drove by your crew in the way back from the Tiller Wreck dive. I think you should hire a tow boat and relocate that hull.

I wish I knew about the Tiller night dive on Saturday after Shipwrecks! Went to Chip. It was chocolate milk. Wound up at the canal (welland). Low vis, mostly iced over. It was a short dive.

Well SoScuba, if you'd dive with the "Right" people you'd know.

It was great!

DiveMistress and I put the bouy back in and attached the mooring line. (With Jon Brooks guidance of course. Do we look like we know what we're doing?)

Nothing like diving wrecks with a tool belt loaded with wrenches! :)

Ask D/Mistress about it some time. Why you guys dive the canal is totally lost on me.

So give the "right" guys a call sometime and we'll fill you in.

Oh yeah, you're not allowed to dive with "those guys" are you ;-)

TomR:

How'd you like the Tiller? I'm sure the silt had settled from our foray by the time you got there.

(Dragging a 30lb anchor across the bottom of the lake can make for poor vis)

hehehehehe

Regards

i enjoyed the dive on sun but got sea sick on the ride back

We forgot more than that!! (I won't elaborate any further.....)

I'm gonna fix it next week hopefully........but I didn't feel the need to bash myself here, as enough of you will for me :)

hehehehe

Not bad for a couple of first-timers.

Bottom "line" (hehehehe) we got the job done, didn't die, or do anything OVERLY stupid.

We would have fixed the rest, but then we would have run afoul of our gas plan so we had to bag it for the day. (I had to say that, it's so DIR sounding isn't it?)

So Tom, you didn't answer me, (Except for the complaining part) how'd you like the Tiller?

Steve

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom