St Catharines Area Dive March 28th

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The wreck was a fine example of a tiller driven wreck, I like that kind of stuff so it was interesting. Like always everything we do is an adventure, I was kind of disappointed that all the "artifacts" that I have heard about over the years have all disappeared though. One of the highlights of the dive is the mooring system and the zebra free top deck

Yeah some ******* stole a fine example of a "Willow Pattern" 1830's china (Plate and HUGE serving platter), as well as a sugar bowl lid type of thingy.

Damn fine mooring :)

I'm "brooming" the top of the deck to keep it clean :)

Notice the "new" carving on the stern? Someone named "Kelly" decided to name the wreck for us.

W is going on with people?

Yes
The tiller wreck was vey nice...thanks Jonathon for the ride out and back ...it is a shame the wreck has lost all its "artifacts"....

Yeah that happens after 24hrs of me staying off the wreck :)

SoScuba:

Divemistress is going to call to invite you this Saturday. Maybe Obeeno will come too.

That would make 4 of us.

We need to do some "surveying". (NO NOT STEALING OR PILFORING, far from it folks).

Trust me, if I wanted to steal stuff, no one but me would have EVER known about these items, as I was the one that tripped across them, and then did the required investigating to find out what they were. Maybe that's why it pi$$e$ me off so much.

Yes Tom, I can't believe in this day and age that we still have complete idiots that would trash history like that. It a fragile wooden boat, not a tank! Maybe this should be a larger part in the O/W course.

We are coming to Hamilton for Easter
can someone hook us up with some charters out that way ? or show us some shore dives. is St. Catharines close to Hamilton?

I think we'll refrain from diving in Hamilton Bay or near Stelco/Burlington street/the Skyway.

Hey Gang,

Thanks to our neophite commercial divers on Saturday for taking care of the mooring for us.

Apologies to those who got a little sick on the ride in on Sunday. Our little problem has been cured and we will be out again this weekend.

Artw-St. Catharines is a 30 minute or less drive from Hamilton. As far as I know there isn't much to dive around Hamilton from shore and I know of no charter operators in that area. If you pm me I can give you wreck and driving details.

and finally to all, I have checked our release forms from this past winter. We have not had anyone on board by the name of "kelly". Also, we have one of our crew inspect the wreck on a regular basis. We figure someone else has been out to the wreck this winter and down the damage. We will continue to monitor the situation.

Scuba Steve-You better bring your own come-along on Saturday:)

btw, our afternoon charter on Saturday said the viz was 50' and the Sunday group only had 25'. I don't think Steve made that big a cloud moving the anchor.

Tom R:
Well that explains alot, you also for got to hook up the tag line also.

Just curious about the tag line? Top or bottom? The bottom tag line was brand new complete with pulley. I installed it the same day I took the mooring buoy off. It should have been fine unless someone dragged an anchor through it. If it was the top one (20' withe blue/white float on the end), it was attached to the to the buoy I gave JB to take out. If anything needs replacing, let me know and I can make the parts available if I can't get out myself.

Also curious about dragging a 30# anchor? If your talking about the one we used to sink the mooring line last fall (so we wouldn't loose it to freighters), it would have been far simpler to up a bag on it to float it rather than drag it back to the wreck.

Appreciate your efforts though, we had no idea people would be diving the wreck this winter and hadn't planned on putting the buoy back out until the end of April. The buoy couldn't have been left out for the winter as any moisture seeping into it would have frozen and either crushed the foam or split the caseing. Ian

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom