St Catharines Area Dive March 28th

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Chris Red:
Looking for suggestions for shore dives on March 28th.
I just moved to the area and some buddies have offered to come join in the fun of discovering my new u/w neighbourhood.
:goldfish:
Hey wanna come join in the fun?

Chris:

Don't know of anyone diving on March 28th, but there is going to be about 500 divers 15 minutes down the road in Welland the day before. If you don't know about the Shipwrecks Symposium, check it out at http://www.vaxxine.com/advtech/shipwrecks/sw2004.htm

Ian

Chris Red:
Looking for suggestions for shore dives on March 28th.
I just moved to the area and some buddies have offered to come join in the fun of discovering my new u/w neighbourhood.
:goldfish:
Hey wanna come join in the fun?

Chris,
We are planning to take a charter out of St.Catherines on the 28th, with Jonathan Brooks. His SB handle is Over The Edge. We are taking 2 trips out with him. This leaves 2 more trips open. I would recommend a drysuit though. The boat is open, therefore there is no exposure protection once you are out on the water.

Chris if you are on your own you are welcome to join us. We have space for one more. Tom R and other folks for Kingston will be there. If you have other people interested you might consider contacting Jonathan.

JamesP:
Chris,
We are planning to take a charter out of St.Catherines on the 28th, with Jonathan Brooks. His SB handle is Over The Edge. We are taking 2 trips out with him. This leaves 2 more trips open. I would recommend a drysuit though. The boat is open, therefore there is no exposure protection once you are out on the water.

Chris if you are on your own you are welcome to join us. We have space for one more. Tom R and other folks for Kingston will be there. If you have other people interested you might consider contacting Jonathan.

Please note that there is no marker on the wreck as the buoy was removed for winter and the Notice to Mariners cancelled.

The mooring line is there but it is held to the bottom with an anchor which belongs to Pearl Dive Charters. Please do not float this line or add any other markers as the Seaway opens on the 23 and the freighters will snag the line as the wreck is in the approach to the Welland Canal. We've had to replace the line several times in the past and there is a possibility of damage to both props and wreck. The last thing we need is rope, chain and concrete blocks pulled into a ships prop.

When the buoy goes back out (end April) we will file a Notice to Mariners and the ships will stay clear.

JB probably has the GPS #'s but if not, you can get them at the NDA Mooring Project Web page at

http://www.vaxxine.com/advtech/moor/framesource.htm

We've already gone out with Jonathan a couple of times this year. He has no problem finding the wreck. Bottom temp is 37 and surface is around 32 to 34. Vis was about 65 to 75 feet. enjoy the wreck

Jody

Hey Folks,

To clear a few things up, advtech (Ian) and I have spoken and we will be instally the permanent marker this week and the notice to shipping will be taken care of by Ian once the marker is in place.
The dives for Sunday are a go at this time. I will post the weather closer to the weekend. We are considering doing a night dive on Saturday night after Shipwrecks. If anyone is interested please let me know.

Chris Red:
Thanks for all the tips - some great ideas for upcoming dives.
For now we're heading to the Welland Canal in... you guessed it ... Welland.
Directions and map to follow once I get a chance to get it together. Meet at 11AM - there about 6 or 8 of us going - and the more the merrier

You may encounter some residual ice on the recreational canal in welland. Chippawa creek is totally clear and the lower niagara river is clear.

Chris.

Hey Gang,

Weather looks really good this weekend. All charters are a go at this point. There is still space available on both Saturday and Sunday. If interested let me know.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom