Springtime Meet & Greet - Saturday 04/04/09

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ill be around. Between work and diving, not much time for anything else. Always looking for a reason to get in the water....Just gimme a shout!

Next time I will wear a redundant fin strap too

Hey Chris,

What exactly happened to your fin? Did it come off during exit/entry? I've had mine come off on both occasions shallow.

Was lucky that I saw it drop just down to my feet and the viz was good for me to see it, I cannot imagine dropping a fin on that day. The pea soup was terrible.

I have a hard time don/doff my Jetfins with my DUI Rockboots, it makes for a struggle. That is why I prefer the boat entrance to the beach until I get my groove back, only while diving dry.

Give me a wetsuit and I'm a fish in the water, well a cold fish at best... :D

Hey Chris,

What exactly happened to your fin? Did it come off during exit/entry? I've had mine come off on both occasions shallow.

Was lucky that I saw it drop just down to my feet and the viz was good for me to see it, I cannot imagine dropping a fin on that day. The pea soup was terrible.

I have a hard time don/doff my Jetfins with my DUI Rockboots, it makes for a struggle. That is why I prefer the boat entrance to the beach until I get my groove back, only while diving dry.

Give me a wetsuit and I'm a fish in the water, well a cold fish at best... :D

When I was exiting, I went to take off my second fin and did not time the surf very well and got hit. When I got hit, I lost my balance....and my fin. Once I got stable again, the fin was gone.

This was my first time using my F1's and they are extremely easy to get on and off, so that wasn't the problem....100% user error.

I am not sure what type of fin you are using, but when I moved to my dry suit boots, my fins still fit properly, but I had to move to a larger strap. Next time I see you we will take a look at when the options are to make it easier to don/doff. You can also try my F1s and see if you like them.

YA....
Lite headed,Dizzy, feel like hell and have the shakes and nausia...

Jim - that's just withdrawal symptoms. They'll pass if you abstain. :)

You are sick also? I'm not bad but I got the nice nose dripping into throat thing going on. Probably all that stuff we swam through on Sunday

Now I am curious. I woke up in the middle of the night with a sore throat. No congestion or aches, just sore throat. Do other people have the same thing?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom