Spring Meet N Greet XXX

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Let's keep the good mojo coming.

Went and got my argon bottle filled today (but their booster wasn't working so it is only at 1800 psi or so).

The 10 day forcast on weather.com is saying as of right now. Sunny and 70 on friday the 24th and sunny and 77 sat the 25th wooo hooo Im bringing my shorty ehehehehehe Just kidding the water will still be cold but at least the S.I. will be very pleasant. As it always is on MNG weekend.

My oxygen bottle arrived from hydro just as I was leaving the shop with my other tanks. I will have a chance to fill that and bring that too :) .

Com'on kt, even your babysitter???:wink:

This coming from the man taking all the truth telling pics and then sharing them? The one who shares his sausage with anyone who will take it? I am just glad my daughter wasn't exposed to that part of M&G!

I did, however, trust you with my daughter. She was young and naive though. :wink:

kt_gobucks;4363360 I did:
We had a great time playing "store"; I was the "store guy" and she was the "shopper".:) I think she bought some empty soda bottles and a few sticks from me.

i have a question about camping again, if i wanna have a fire friday night at my camp site is there a place for a fire or so i need one of the metal rings or just dig a whole or what? cuz i would like to have a little fire by my tent to cook dinner friday hope someone can answer that thanks
wally

also i would like to find a dive buddy to make out a deep dive plan with since the person i'm bringing only has his open water i'll need to find a new buddy for that one let me know, i should be showing up early friday morning
wally

I still have mine.

I'm waiting to re-gift it. :D

MREs are good eatin'!

Well, she's gone and done it, Tiggrr has used her powerful powers of persuasion to get me to join her at Gilboa this weekend. She and I will be driving down together first thing Saturday morning.

It looks as though most of the major food groups are covered, and Tracey is bringing cookies and brownies, so I guess I'll bring the essential junk food for diving: Cape Cod potato chips and Heluva dip. It's an east coast saltwater diving tradition amongst my brother and his friends that I try to emulate here at home in the land of freshwater and zebra mussels.

Looking forward to a fun day of diving.

i have a question about camping again, if i wanna have a fire friday night at my camp site is there a place for a fire or so i need one of the metal rings or just dig a whole or what? cuz i would like to have a little fire by my tent to cook dinner friday hope someone can answer that thanks
wally

Each site has a a Ring of some type for a fire. There will be a group fire at the far end of the quarry road. Not to mention plenty of portable grills to cook food on. There is usually plenty of munchies going around or laid out. So you dont have to be anti social and hide by your tent by yourself with your fire.

also i would like to find a dive buddy to make out a deep dive plan with since the person i'm bringing only has his open water i'll need to find a new buddy for that one let me know, i should be showing up early friday morning
wally

A few of us are doing a deep dive early Friday afternoon. If you have the proper Cert. and equipment. you can file one also and dive with us. Take note. MIKE has A LOT rules that are required to dive the deep side. So don't expect to have 20 dives and just an al80. He wont let you.

thanks for the info, and not being anti social i'll be out and around and i have the 30 dives required but all i have is an al80 i have my advanced open water and have gone down to 100ft with it i'd like to so we'll see what happens thanks again
wally

Not trying to steal your thunder Ted, just wanted to include the tub of goodies as part of this update, then just got bored.

Who is bringing what

gtxl1200
1. Bunkhouse and taking reservations now Bunk house is Full
2. Generator
3. Banana Bread and Pumpkin Bread
4. 30 Cup coffee Maker and coffee

Merrimorte
Chicken Wings.

Divin'Hoosier
Breakfast food for Saturday.

Jwalko
1. Sausage and Peppers
2. Buns
3. Soup for in between dives
4. Case of Water
5. Chip in for fire wood

Gnats
1. Portable Grill with propane
2. Sloppy Joes and Buns ----- Menu Item Change ------
3. Potato Salad

DiverBrian and the Wife
1. Chocolate Cherry Cake
2. Fire Wood

Mitten Diver
1. The Big Tub full of Necessities(see items 4-17 below)
2. SIR Stuff
3. Tex-Mex Dip and scooper chips
4. Salt & Pepper
5. 50 or more 8oz foam coffee cups
6. 30 or so 32 oz foam coffee cups
7. a butt load of plastic cups
8. 70 or so foam bowls
9. 100 or more big plates
10. 100 cake size plates
11. a package of napkins
12. 100 or so spoons
13. 100 or so forks
14. 100 or so knives
15. tin foil
16. 1 box of matches
17. newspaper to start camp fire

cldwdiver
Vegetable Tray

Ber Rabbit
1. Fruit Tray
2. More victims ahem I mean students.

Warm Water Wimp
1. High Class munchies for Friday night
2. Croissants and canadian bacon for Breakfast.
3. Something special from the Freezer.

Kidsdream
1.Chili
2.Maybe some lobster chunks but I bet there is none left.

MichMikeScuba
1.Bunhouse.
2.chips and Salsa

Leko916
Warm fireside Drinks

jchoby
1. Mustacholie
2. chip in for firewood.

MentalMarine and the Wife
chip in for firewood

tiggrr and Phil
1. cookies and brownies
2. Her Charming Beautiful self

GameHunter
Venison Meatballs

Notso Ken
1.Home made beverage
2. Cheescake

Diver Paula
1. Various assortment of things.

Luckydays
1. chicken soup for between dives (2-3 gallons)
2. bowls/hot cups and spoons for soup
3. 1-2 dozen Hamburgers and buns
4. 1-2 dozen Hotdogs and buns
5. Catsup/mustard/relish

M. Bipartitus and the Wife
1.Brats

Randy43068
Cheese Cake

KT_GoBucks
Stuffed jalopeno peppers

Spartan Diver
Cap Cod potato chips and Heluva dip

Steve Dives
coffee cake and regular cake (probably burned)

People who said they are attending, but I don't have them down for anything yet.
PVTSTASH. LOOK MATT YOU MADE IT.
Evart
bigcat
shu1842
Leko916's posse
Compression nut
Newly divorced wild Ariel
Wally 431 and friends

As usual plan on about 25 to 30 people. Don't forget Mike and Jody.

As you will see I canceled out on the cowboy Beans. So if someone wants to bring some baked beans or something like that then say so. Also keep in mind I have an oven in the Bunkhouse anything that needs to be heated can. I also have a Microwave but remember it is a smaller version as Kidsdream learned last year. So it wont hold the big dishes like you Microwave at home. Make a couple small dishes and we will warm them that way.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom