Spring loaded yoke pressure checker

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ScubaBunga

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
When I was down in curacao the dive bus has a spring loaded yoke on the pressure checker. You just slip it on check the pressure, release the pressure and pop it off. This was sooo much more convenient than screwing and unscrewing the yoke. Does anyone know where to get one of these? I’ll email the dive bus next time I’m at my pc but only have my tablet with me which doesn’t have email on it.

.. Any idea the cost,...
The pneumatics run about $130. The normal screw tighten one run about $50. Also they are only for yoke, not DIN. I did see a 'quik set' DIN connection last year at DEMA, but I wouldn't trust putting 3500psi thru it at belt level if you know what I mean.

The pneumatics are fast but don't always seal up correctly an are a pain in the butt. They also have to be rebuilt every so often so they don't stick. If you are running a mega fill station with a dozen whips it is worth the hassle. But trust me, just stick with the screw tightening ones and it will give you many years of reliable service with no hassle.

The pneumatics run about $130. The normal screw tighten one run about $50. Also they are only for yoke, not DIN. I did see a 'quik set' DIN connection last year at DEMA, but I wouldn't trust putting 3500psi thru it at belt level if you know what I mean.

The pneumatics are fast but don't always seal up correctly an are a pain in the butt. They also have to be rebuilt every so often so they don't stick. If you are running a mega fill station with a dozen whips it is worth the hassle. But trust me, just stick with the screw tightening ones and it will give you many years of reliable service with no hassle.

Completely agree!
I have this checker in my save a dive & scuba crap box
Accurate Cylinder Pressure Checker | Dive Gear Express®
&
DGX DIN-to-Yoke Spin-on Adapter | Dive Gear Express®
DIN Pressure Checker=$39
DIN to YOKE Adapter=$20
Total for universal pressure checker is $59

Back
Top Bottom