Goby vs Dive Bus, or... Goby AND Dive Bus?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

With the Dive Bus, don't be put off with a "check out" dive. The house reef (Pier Baai) is really a great site. We actually request at least 1 or 2 dives at it when we arrive to just "get in the mindset" for a week of diving. Seen some good stuff on it, and it is great as a night dive.
Yeah, I wouldn't be put off at all. It sounds like a good site that my girlfriend could snorkel while I do a 1-tank dive. Plus, I don't flex on dive ops--if it makes them more comfortable then by all means I'm happy to do it.

Yeah, I wouldn't be put off at all. It sounds like a good site that my girlfriend could snorkel while I do a 1-tank dive. Plus, I don't flex on dive ops--if it makes them more comfortable then by all means I'm happy to do ii.

Snorkeling outside of the breakwater behind the Sunscape Resort can be pretty choppy at times, which will not affect your dives because you enter the water in a sheltered cove across the street from The Dive Bus. If your GF finds it too choppy for snorkeling outside the breakwater, there is a walkway/railing right next to the north wall of the Sunscape where she can enter the water, swim out beyond the wall to the breakwater, and then head south along the inside of the breakwater and then reverse course when desired. There is not much coral among the rocks, but there are a lot of fish swimming among the rocks and in/out of the lagoon through gaps in the rock. We snorkeled along the breakwater almost every day, and loved every minute.

Back
Top Bottom