Split V Paddle

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Maybe I'll try carrying two snorkels down there and see what happens....

I think fish is... trolling!!! :shakehead::shakehead::rofl3::rofl3::rofl3:

Next he will be saying he likes to wear a snorkel, has three AIRII's on his BC, ankle weights and his gear isn't all black. :shocked2:

:shocked2:eek:mg we are losing him...... last dive he had a black BCD, black splits, black sharkskin..... he's going DIR:confused: Next he's going to ask for AIRII for Christmas this year:crafty: he's going to the dark side......

I found split fins surprisingly quick, but hard to maneuver in, but was probably not used to them. I'm not sure how splits would handle a lunge to grab a boat zipping by at 7 knots, that is my main concern.

PS Sas one day you will want that snorkel :p

:rofl3::rofl3: But I like swimming on my back! :D

So do I, find it much easier. Only problem is I need to roll over every now and then to see where I'm going. I've swum head first into a boat more than once.

I have one of these in my pocket; with my sausage, mirror, etc. Not that brand and it's not black, though. I think I paid about $12.

SNK-13_thumb.jpg

So do I, find it much easier. Only problem is I need to roll over every now and then to see where I'm going. I've swum head first into a boat more than once.

Ouch! I tend to zig zag a bit :D but I don't often have to do surface swims as the boats usually come and get you in Melbourne. I guess I can make chilledmammel navigate seeing as he has the snorkel :p

I have one of these in my pocket; with my sausage, mirror, etc. Not that brand and it's not black, though. I think I paid about $12.

SNK-13_thumb.jpg

Cool I wish I had known about snorkels and how cheap they can be before I got mine. I had to get one for OW and think it was about $50 :depressed: I noticed at Rebel Sports, they are about $12 also!

How sad! :depressed::shocked2:Split fin Disease has spread to our friends down under! They have a cure, but once infected the mind is lost! The rules of physics goes right out the port hole and the Southern Cross looks upside down! :shakehead:

How sad! :depressed::shocked2:Split fin Disease has spread to our friends down under! They have a cure, but once infected the mind is lost! The rules of physics goes right out the port hole and the Southern Cross looks upside down! :shakehead:

It's OK, though, as mostly we just want to go diving rather than worry about who's wearing what (good natured ribbing aside).

Hell, when I get my own boat you can even bring bananas. :banana:

:confused:I'm reconsidering my reconsidering:confused: I was thinking maaaayyyybeeeee I should consider a snorkel........haven't carried one for the last 350 dives or so....... hmmmm:confused:

Splits rule!:eyebrow:

:confused:I'm reconsidering my reconsidering:confused: I was thinking maaaayyyybeeeee I should consider a snorkel........haven't carried one for the last 350 dives or so....... hmmmm:confused:

Splits rule!:eyebrow:

I didn't carry one as I figured it was unnecessary on a boat dive and it annoyed me where it was on my mask. It was pointed out to me that bad things happen sometimes; anchors drag, engines don't start, mermaid lines get caught in props and sometimes you just might be grateful you've got a snorkel.

I strapped a snorkel to my leg where others would put a knife until I bought the rollup one.

Back
Top Bottom