Split V Paddle

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

thanksforallthefish

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
:wink::wink:
Well after many years of diving with splits yesterday I loaned Acanthrus mine for a dive so I reverted to my old paddles ... Mares Plana Avanti (not sure whether they are still made or not), but in their day they were quite a good fin

:confused::confused:
I have finally worked out why the battle between splits and paddles ... to use paddles you must be a masochist, I couldn't believe how hard it was to fin with paddles.

Long live Splits :D:D:D

:dropmouth:eek:h my gosh! This from the guy that kept saying "No dear.... I don't want split fins... my are FINE" I finally got a gift right:D 'scuse me.... I'm going to go put a mark on the wall so I never forget this moment:rofl3::rofl3:

:wink::wink:
Well after many years of diving with splits yesterday I loaned Acanthrus mine for a dive so I reverted to my old paddles ... Mares Plana Avanti (not sure whether they are still made or not), but in their day they were quite a good fin

:confused::confused:
I have finally worked out why the battle between splits and paddles ... to use paddles you must be a masochist, I couldn't believe how hard it was to fin with paddles.

Long live Splits :D:D:D

After trying out your splits I think the exact opposite :rofl3: I got bad cramps from the split fins actually and I looked at the video of me wearing them and I looked a bit all over the place with them with my finning! I guess I was probably finning wrongly in them as they are supposed to prevent cramps :D But... I am glad now that I have tried both as I can say with experience now that splits were not as bad as I was expecting given the horror stories from my OW instructor :eyebrow:

LONG LIVE PADDLES!!! You'll die if you wear splits!

:p Just kidding, don't want to start an Australian splits versus paddles thread that will end up with 100s and 1000s of posts :rofl3::rofl3:

Oh God, who just went and opened a Pandora's Can of Worms on the Oz board?

This is meant to be a safe haven from the relentless bickering about gear choices. Please keep it to a whisper or else the zealots will hear us....

Splits Suck, BTW.

Whatever works for you is just fine! :dork2:

Since I started diving I've only worn two pair of fins, the Tusa pair I bought during my OW course, and a plain green pair that I got with a BC and reg bundle I bought second hand. The green ones have DIY spring straps.

I'm afraid to try any others in case it makes me want to spend money.

fins2.gif

ive told you before, splits are the devils work!

fins2.gif

ive told you before, splits are the devils work!

:no: they're not,just the best invention since the 1st original aqualung by Jac.C..:D
Love my splits with springstraps.kinda DORK-DIR.:rofl3::rofl3::rofl3:

btw my V12 splits are all black.:rofl4:

hubby has V12s & V16's.... he prefers the V12

btw - ALL fins should have spring straps.... are we in agreement with that at least??

Yep we are, V12's with springs,you got to love them.:rofl3:

Love my spring straps, they look a bit odd as the springs I got were too short, so I made a small chain from stainless split rings from the tackle shop to make them 3/4" longer each side. Mangled the posts a bit so I could just get a D shackle over the post to put the rings on, but those buggers are not coming off now.

Back
Top Bottom