Split Fins that Match Hard Sole Boots

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

trayzouave

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
I just bought a pair of Pinnacle Orca 2 boots with a hard sole. They don't seem to fit my Scubapro Twinjets too well. Can nyone recommend a split fin that would better fit these boots. I'm not trying to start a "who's the best" discussion. I just need recommendations.

Seconding the "up one size" recommendation.
Ber :lilbunny:

Yup. Going to bigger booties usually means going up a size in fins.

OTOH, if you're already at the max size for the fins you like, you may need to change types. I don't know who makes the biggest split fins, but I'd be surprised if the Twin Jets didn't have an option that's about as big as you'll find anywhere else.

It's not actually the shoe size of the fin, it's the verticle clearance in the pocket.

I know Bio-Fins run large foot pockets. I've got some hard soled TUSA boots (that don't look a lot different than the Pinacles) and they fit fine in Bio's. I've got a wider foot and appreciate that not all foot pockets are created equal. Vertical height is very adequate, it's a pretty easy fin to get on and off over a boot. The design and use of natural rubber seems to give a good fit with various boot types, feels solid but doesn't squeeze anywhere. Wish my old Jet-Fins were as forgiving! // ww

The vertical clearance should go up as you get a larger size fin. I wear a medium fin with my wetsuit boots and an XL with my drysuit boots when diving the same brand. I could never wear the XL's with my wetsuit boots because the vertical clearance is too high leaving a lot of "slop" in the fit.
Ber :lilbunny:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom