**Split Fins – Let the Bashing Begin!**

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You make a very good point. But the paintball one is....interesting...

And Japanese divers, their gear can't match, it much be a rainbow of colors. Also Japanese divers = divers that wear wetsuits from the 80's.

It's like using simunitions... but with spearguns!!!

You make a very good point. But the paintball one is....interesting...

And Japanese divers, their gear can't match, it much be a rainbow of colors. Also Japanese divers = divers that wear wetsuits from the 80's.

Not that this is an important side track in an extremely important thread, but the Japanese divers I saw on my last dive trip to Asia all wore beautifully color-coordinated dive gear...

Not that this is an important side track in an extremely important thread, but the Japanese divers I saw on my last dive trip to Asia all wore beautifully color-coordinated dive gear...

It's important! it makes it lighthearted so it doesn't turn into a big fight just like other "similar" threads!

The only posts I have seen that flame a fin more than Split Fins is Force Fins so I had the bright idea to combine them and see if we get a "perfect flame".

foilforce282.jpg

Force Fin Split Fins!!! Have at it!!!

For the record I am "Right to Fin" or "Pro Fin" activist.

Actually I have the biggest ugliest feet and toes and when I stick them into any fin with a toe pocket I immediately cramp up. Thank for the open toe pocket Bob Evans!!

I love my split fins. Blade fins, although sometimes faster, always caused me greater fatigue and discomfort. Split fins give me the freedom to swim efficiently without any discomfort. I do give up some horsepower, but it is horsepower that came at a high price. Fatigue and pain always costs me air consumption and taking them out of the equation lengthens my dives.

On a side note: My dear sweet husband, who started this thread, has yet to try split fins. He does know that I love mine.

I remember back in the early 70's standing on the beach looking at the Wedge with my brand new, ugly green Churchill fins having to fend off ridicule from my friends, laughter form the locals and finger pointing from the small children. I loved those fins. They worked the best in any high surf conditions. I now use Twin Jets for 90% of my sport diving and they work great. They are one of the most comfortable fins I have tried. I seem to get the same response from people on different boats, depending on where we happen to be diving when I use my Twin Jets. (They happen to be blue, so that might have something to do with it) When I need a stouter fin, I have my old Jet fins for work or high current or diving in cold water with all of the extra gear. They are hard to beat for that application.

Ditrimd, the Foil Force the World's first Split Fin was introduced one year before the other's. This Split fin preforms with Hal Wattsfoil_force_fin_product giving it a thumbs up. My design is a curved Foiled blade which directs the water flow down the blade length, not some double paddle blades that split apart allowing the water to escape up and down with little thrust going behind. Plus I take your foot out of the equation which makes sense.Force Fin

Numbers sold, or percentage sold, is a weak argument in favor of, or in criticism of, any product.

Tobin

Agreed, I hate it when someone argues in favor of a piece of dive gear based on the numbers sold. As I always say, McDonald's sells more burgers than anyone else in the world, that hardly makes it the best burger.

Sometimes great old posts just need to be bumped.

Mother Angelica says...

"Split fins are Satan's toys - if you use them you will burn in hell!"

Nun.jpg

:shocked2:

Back
Top Bottom