Split fins/Frog Kick...No problems..

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MikeFerrara once bubbled...

I've tried both. I really tried hard when I became frustrated trying to teach control using different kicks to divers wearing splits. the result of that effort was that I now rarely allow students to use split fins in class (never in a class like OW that deals with fundimental technique). After class they can use what they want but if they use them in class experience has shown that they'll not be able to perform, they'll become frustrated and they won't pass.

I hope this is a joke? So if a student wants a pair of split fins for his or her O/W class you will not allow them to train in the fins they will be using once they are out on their own? Who's job is it to oversea the proper fin technique regardless of fin style?

CincyBengalsFan once bubbled...
Who's job is it to oversea the proper fin technique regardless of fin style?
The instructor's....it is his class, it is his rules...who are you to ridicule another instructor?

MikeFerrara once bubbled...
I now rarely allow students to use split fins in class

Are there other types of gear you do not allow as well?

CincyBengalsFan once bubbled...

I hope this is a joke? So if a student wants a pair of split fins for his or her O/W class you will not allow them to train in the fins they will be using once they are out on their own? Who's job is it to oversea the proper fin technique regardless of fin style?

LOL, I bet it wouldn't stop him from taking their money and selling them a pair though.

Big-t-2538 once bubbled...
The instructor's....it is his class, it is his rules...who are you to ridicule another instructor?

Who am I. I'm a concerned member of this scubaboard excercising my constitutional right.

Mike is on record as saying he hadn't sold a pair of split fins for over a year. He doesn't say you can't use them - he just says he's not going to teach you in them.

In my opinion, it's no worse than an instructor saying you need a proper backup regulator instead of an Air2. It's his right as an instructor.

I only wish all instructors were as conscious of putting out good divers as Mike, rather than running a bunch of weekend wonder, silt-producing, air2, split fin and 35 lbs of lead wearing morons who don't know the difference between buoyant and neutral.

Boogie711 once bubbled...
[B

rather than running a bunch of weekend wonder, silt-producing, air2, split fin and 35 lbs of lead wearing morons who don't know the difference between buoyant and neutral. [/B]

Ahhh Boogiecattle, You said "I'm done here". Usually one would think you ment you were not coming back...Also see you just can't get away from that name calling....Good Luck with yourself out there.

chrpai once bubbled...

LOL, I bet it wouldn't stop him from taking their money and selling them a pair though.

You first. Go ahead and bet me. LOL

When I first opened my shop I bought a few pairs to stock because they were so popular. I still have every single pair.

I would sell them if I had the chance but I tell every one what I think of them so it makes it hard to sell em.

Cincy,

Couple of questions:

1. Do you sell split fins in your store?

2. Do you sell Jets in your store?

3. Do you sell jacket BC's in your store?

4. Do you sell backplates and wings in your store?

Thanks.

ew1usnr once bubbled...

Are there other types of gear you do not allow as well?

Yes

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom