split fin recommendations

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Some hate my fins, some love them. Guess that's why they don't just make one style.

My wife loves her volos. I hate them with a passion. On the other hand my tusa zooms have been the best fin I've ever owned. I've had no problem with currents at all. In fact the only way I can keep up with my wife is if I use the zooms.

Goes ta show ya

ATTN:

do yourselves a favor and dump/forget those split fins. pay $45 and get some rockets or jets and forget about all that namby pamby cr@p.... its just a hook to get your money! if you want some "pretty" fins get some aqualung blades....

it used to be that when your fin got a tear in it you threw it out.... now they sell them for double the price!

:flame:

I have been using Jet Fins almost forever although I do have a few pairs of Scubapro Twin Jets that are lingering around in storage. Probably should put them on Ebay, but I guess I would rather hang onto them rather then pawn them off onto some unsuspecting diver.

I have heard from a number of sources that Nature's Wing, the holder of the split fins patent believes that the more flexible the fin the better it actually performs, so maybe you should be looking for a more flexible version rather then a stiffer version.

The major issue with any split fin is the inability to do the backwards kick with them. I can't imagine diving without the
backwards kick in the arsenal.

Take care

Marc Hall

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom