Splashdown - Sunday April 9th Late Afternoon

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Me too, Im confirmed!!! Still trying to talk my elusive DM canidate into joining us, I could use a hand from *Ahem*

baitedstorm:
Me too, Im confirmed!!! Still trying to talk my elusive DM canidate into joining us, I could use a hand from *Ahem*

Hiya Vickie!
Don't worry about needing help with your gear. For the past several months, I have had issues with my ribs, forcing me to ask for help when I'd really rather do things on my own. But that's what the Doc says, and he's right. I tried to do things on my own and have re-injured myself. Not fun! Anyway, Kev is great. I simply sit on the platform and he brings my tank to me. Then I roll in. Returning to the boat is just as simple. I inflate my bc while still in the water and Kev pullls it in. No worries! For a while, I was setting up my gear at the last spot before the platform, so that I could remain seated until it was time to jump in, minimizing the time I spent standing, fully loaded with gear on my back. And, climbing up on my own. But that stress is probably what caused the re-injury. So, I'm back to wimpy diving. But, it's better than the alternative. Looking forward to meeting you and a bunch of other SB folks on Sunday.

Hiya Kristy! So, we're wreck diving again on Sunday. Great! And with any luck, conditions should be much better than the last time we did the Castor. Maybe we'll actually see something. And believe me, those Goliath Groupers certainly are something to see! By the way, do you have or need a dive light for the second dive? I have extras if you do. Just let me know. Lynn is recommending that we each have one, since may be getting dusky when we surface. Besides, as you may have noticed the last time we dove, shining a light on the growth brings out a lot more color.

Scubakevdm:
We can change that if you'd like.

Don't you have a significant other? Quit teasing...

joystershell:
Hiya Kristy! So, we're wreck diving again on Sunday. Great! And with any luck, conditions should be much better than the last time we did the Castor. Maybe we'll actually see something. And believe me, those Goliath Groupers certainly are something to see! By the way, do you have or need a dive light for the second dive? I have extras if you do. Just let me know. Lynn is recommending that we each have one, since may be getting dusky when we surface. Besides, as you may have noticed the last time we dove, shining a light on the growth brings out a lot more color.

I'm only tentatively going at this point. Will know for sure tomorrow evening.

But, yes, I do need a light. Is there a decent priced one I could pick up somewhere...I don't need anything too fancy schmancy right now. Or, you could bring an extra...that's cool too. Thanks!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom