SPG hose too short?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

JeffG:
So you get a hose that is longer than required to compensate for bands being in the wrong place, which is there to compensate what? Lack of flexibility? Bad fitting Drysuit and/or undergarments. What next. A slob winder?

OK. I give up. What's a "slob winder"?

Terry

JeffG:

Wow! That is cheesy!

When I get a set of doubles, I'm going to make sure I get a floppy remote-control crank that I can get hung up on all sorts of stuff, then lose when I really need it. :cool:

Does it come with a free humidifier so I can grow mold inside my second stage?

Terry

fasorud:
Maybe I should just post my questions straight to JJ himself. He doesn't seem to have a problem giving me good advice without the attitude.

Here's the politically correct answer, hope it gets you to your destination.

Jarrod Jablonski:
It is not advisable to move the tanks up. The bands should sit at the break in the tank ie where the tank begins to curve. Placing the tanks higher creates a number of issues ranging from balance to drag in the water. With the tanks so high they break the water first and create unusual turbulence; it is also very difficult to remain in proper position with respect to trim given that the valves will stop your head from looking up. Reaching one's valves is, almost without exception, related to practice and proper technique. Modifying tank position is by far the least desirable option.

Best,

Jarrod Jablonski

I was out at Mermet Springs a couple of weekends ago and before the dives I moved my bands back up to where they are supposed to be. By arching my back and maintaining descent trim ( it's not even close to good yet! ) I was able to reach the valves and the SPG.

I strapped on a set of LP95s yesterday. I could reach the valves standing up without much difficulty at all. Reaching the single tank valve standing is INCREDIBLY hard for me. I an get a finger on it, but rarely anything more.

I think I am going to like doubles :)

I think your going to like singles.:D

Ahh... I knew my conscious would show up!

fasorud:
I was out at Mermet Springs a couple of weekends ago and before the dives I moved my bands back up to where they are supposed to be. By arching my back and maintaining descent trim ( it's not even close to good yet! ) I was able to reach the valves and the SPG.

I think you owe JeffG an apology.

:)

JimC:
I think you owe JeffG an apology.

:)
Naw...All's well that ends well.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom