SPG hose too short?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

diverryan:
I understand what you are saying, but you know, there are many other ways to phrase it. Although you said "it was not meant to be harsh..." it still comes across like that when you utilize a comment like, "I can't help you". You, egotistically none the less, may know a lot about diving with doubles, but without showing a bit of courtesy, you turn people off of what you are saying and more toward the idea of being harsh. Now, some may consider me to be to be a hypocrite, but why don't you consider what the forum is supposed to be used for on an objective basis. Thank you.
I'm sorry your ego took a beating when it was pointed out that your problem wasn't what you expected it to be.

Jeff,

First of all it wasn't his problem but mine. Second, I posted on this forum to get some constructive feedback, not destructive feedback. I am aware that something is wrong and hence the question. As you say it's probably the band positioning that is causing the hose to appear too short. BUT it doesn't mean that you have to give an arrogant reply. It is people like you that give DIR divers a bad name.

Maybe I should just post my questions straight to JJ himself. He doesn't seem to have a problem giving me good advice without the attitude.

fasorud:
Jeff,

First of all it wasn't his problem but mine.
Oops, your right, my mistake.

fasorud:
Second, I posted on this forum to get some constructive feedback, not destructive feedback.
It was constructive, its just counter to what you have been doing. At which point most people get defensive. Thats when you asked "Whats wrong with a longer hose"...which basically means you read the posts and went "yea yea yea...But help me in justifying my current gear setup." So if you didn't want our opinions and have made up you own mind on how you want to go, why ask?

The truth is a stubborn thing. I'm not sure how I can sugar coat the concept that your problem is self created by trying to compensate for a skill issue.

fasorud:
It is people like you that give DIR divers a bad name.
Whatever, it does give you an excuse though.

JeffG:
It was constructive, its just counter to what you have been doing. At which point most people get defensive. Thats when you asked "Whats wrong with a longer hose"...which basically means you read the posts and went "yea yea yea...But help me in justifying my current gear setup." So if you didn't want our opinions and have made up you own mind on how you want to go, why ask?

No, what I said was
fasorud:
Maybe some/all of Jeff's points are indeed contributing to the problem, but what if that is not the case? Why is using a slightly longer hose such a big deal?

which means I am not saying "yeah, yeah, yeah". As I already said, I am moving the bands back up and I'm going to try and figure out what the real problem is, which means I took yours and others' feedback into consideration. I am NOT justifying my gear setup, which is why I posted the picture too. I wanted experienced DIR divers to point out things that didn't look right.

What I was asking in that post was, if indeed those factors are out of a diver's control (in general, not talking about myself anymore), what is wrong with a slightly longer hose?

fasorud:
What I was asking in that post was, if indeed those factors are out of a diver's control (in general, not talking about myself anymore), what is wrong with a slightly longer hose?
What's wrong with it is that you were looking for a justification for getting a longer hose when the other factors *are* within your control.

fasorud:
The hose needs to be long enough to see the spg. If you need a longer hose, you need a longer hose. Most manufacturers make 1 length for singles and another for doubles and that probably covers 95% of the divers. There will always be the odd ball guys/gals that need something different. Kinda like why Big and Tall stores exist. (and there are manufactures that make these odd lengths, but I couldn't tell you off the top of my head)

pants!:
What's wrong with it is that you were looking for a justification for getting a longer hose when the other factors *are* within your control.
Well, if he wants to buy a longer hose, let him. If he wants to call it DIR, cool. I'm going to take my nonhelpful arrogant self out of this thread now. Got to go a singles website and go look for a future Ex.

JeffG:
Well, if he wants to buy a longer hose, let him. If he wants to call it DIR, cool. I'm going to take my nonhelpful arrogant self out of this thread now. Got to go a singles website and go look for a future Ex.

Thank God

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom