Spare Air

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'd vote for the 19CF pony with it's own reg...in fact that is what I dive with routinely. As a DM, I'm often the only one with out a buddy, a little insurance never hurts. I use it slung under my left arm like a stage bottle, works out really well.

Rick

FYI. I dove last week with a guy who used up his Spare Air as an experiment at 60' in about 74 degree water. Not sure what size but I think it was the 3CF. He got 15 breaths. Obviously there are a lot of variables here but just thought I would post his experience with it.

Diver Dennis:
FYI. I dove last week with a guy who used up his Spare Air as an experiment at 60' in about 74 degree water. Not sure what size but I think it was the 3CF. He got 15 breaths. Obviously there are a lot of variables here but just thought I would post his experience with it.

Good to know. I am going with the 19cf with a separate reg. It just makes sense.
Someday I will go to a dual configuration when I am located where I can do more diving.

LavaSurfer:
Good to know. I am going with the 19cf with a separate reg. It just makes sense.
Someday I will go to a dual configuration when I am located where I can do more diving.

Anything over 10 works for shallow diving - but 19 is nice.

Remember the application that the SpairAir was designed for.
Getting out of a helicopter ditched in the ocean.

For this it is the cats pajamas.
It fits in a pocket of your Mustang suit and needs no setup to use. It gives you air for the gasp when the cold water hits you and lets you breathe while you get out and to the surface.

For diving there are lots of other options that will be better for *most* people.

Pony bottles, as far as I can tell, aren't readily available in tropical locations. What is the weight of a decent pony? I don't suppose it leaves much room for other gear in a 20 kg baggage allowance when traveling by air.

The Spare Air, on the other hand ... :14:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom