Spare Air - Sorry!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

That's funny, my russian dive watch worked great until I went diving with it. Must be a communist plot.....:wink:

The reg started working again about the time I climbed back on the boat....:shakehead:

I suppose it was probably guaranteed not to freeflow. Just not guaranteed to flow!

Looks like the whole discussion is about how much air you want.
I have a pony bottle, which allows me to clean the bottom of my boat for 30 minutes.
But it is awkwad in diving, the weight pulls me over to one side.
I dive 80 % to 50 ft, 15 % to 80 ft, 5 % deeper.
I had two failures of regulators in 20 years, the pony helped, but now I use the SpareAir, which is ultra light and easy to deploy and carry, and - I tried it - gets me to the surface in all dives except in a decompression dive. But rather than a pony bottle I would prefer two SpareAir at 3 cft each.
For real deep dives or caves I would use the pony.

I am a petite female and carry a 19cf pony bottle for deeper, colder dives without any issues. It doesn't roll me, throw me off balance or cause any issues. I hardly notice it's there. We don't know what size your pony is, perhaps it's a bit large or the way that it's rigged isn't quite right for you, but you could probably find something bigger than a spare air that works for you.

Let alone the fact that this post is 2 years old LOL I think we was talking about using ONLY a pony to do boat hull cleaning. No backgas. I won't comment on the double Spare Air. :wink:

What's not to like about redundancy?

double spare air.jpg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom