Spanish Bay Reef Resort Grand Cayman

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mlove

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I did a search on the board, but there seems to be little info. on
Spanish Bay Reef Resort Grand Cayman. Has anyone been there or know anything about it?
There seems to be mixed reviews for The Sunset House.
I have done the Brac, loved it, but wanted to do a quick uncomplicated trip. Grand Cayman seems simple, one direct flight, more time for diving.
Any good recommendations would be appreciated.

mike

Memory serving me correctly it is on the northwest tip of the island just past Cobalt Coast. I was on the island in Sept and we dove from the beach a few hundred yards down from Spanish Bay. Diving in this area was pretty good, and we walked down to check out the resort dive shop. It was nice, but not particularily impressive. If you are thinking of staying in this area, you might check with Dive Tech at Cobalt Coast. We did a lot of diving with them and they run a great operation. I was somewhat less impressed with Sunset House and Eden Rock dive centers.

Cave Diver,

Cobalt Coasts web page seems to be down, but I'll check it out later.
Thanks for the imput.

mike

my wife and I, along with three other couples are heading to Spanish Bay Reef resort in May. I had also asked for some feedback on the resort and the shore diving nearby. It appears that it is not the first choice of most divers on this board.

Anyone else have anything to say about SPR, good or bad?

Here is an email the resort sent my wife regarding night diving in front of the resort.

Dear Susan

Thank you for your e mail.

We dive mostly on the west especially during the winter months, but the south is also an option and on days when we do not have the north winds then the North Wall is also diveable -even on a shore entry from Spanish Bay which is sitauted ideally to dive the North Wall.

Resorts Sports Ltd operates from 2 locations..one from Beach Club and the second from Spanish Bay Reef Resort. We offer night boat dives (minimum 6 pax) -it is not advisable to dive the north wall area without a surface support at night but there are other places to do safe night dives. You can get tanks from either shop and retun them (preferably) at the same shop. If not, just inform the "other" shop where you have dropped them off. A 7 (day) two tank boat dive package is US$ 392 per diver excluding equipment.

Hope this helps!

All the best

mlove once bubbled...
Cave Diver,

Cobalt Coasts web page seems to be down, but I'll check it out later.
Thanks for the imput.

mike

The problem was with the link I posted not the website. It has been edited to work correctly. Sorry for the inconvenience.

If you have any further questions that I may be of assistance with, please feel free to ask either by post or PM.

Cave Diver,

Yea, I figured out it was the link, and did a search. The resort looks very nice, but a little pricy. I am tring to keep the cost down on this trip. My wife loved their web site and is ready to go. She must have more money then me.

Thanks for advice.
Mike

mlove once bubbled...
Cave Diver,

Yea, I figured out it was the link, and did a search. The resort looks very nice, but a little pricy. I am tring to keep the cost down on this trip. My wife loved their web site and is ready to go. She must have more money then me.

Thanks for advice.
Mike

If you would like some offboard advice, PM me and I will tell you what I can. Perhaps I can point you to some alternatives.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom