SP Mk 25 pops

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
I purchased a used Mk 25 and finally put some air on it to test it. Aside from the squeaking which I found a thread that addresses that, when I open the valve there is a click/pop sound. I am about to take it apart and check the suggestions from the 'squeaking thread' but any advice what the popping noise is??
Also another question on second stages. I have had a few do this. They sometimes vibrate when they deliver air. aka the foghorn effect? I didn't pay for this added option!
Thanks....

nativenarcosis:
I purchased a used Mk 25 and finally put some air on it to test it. Aside from the squeaking which I found a thread that addresses that, when I open the valve there is a click/pop sound. I am about to take it apart and check the suggestions from the 'squeaking thread' but any advice what the popping noise is??
Also another question on second stages. I have had a few do this. They sometimes vibrate when they deliver air. aka the foghorn effect? I didn't pay for this added option!
Thanks....

Is the pop pronounced? Like really loud? Its likely just the seat slamming closed. If you look at the first stage you'll see the springs move as they come under pressure. Make sure to depress the 2nd stage and slowly open the tank valve to decrease the wear on the HP seat.

Also keep in mind regulator are made to be used wet. Diaphrams in second stages make all kinds of noises when dry, but work fine in the medium they were intended for.

MD

Sounds like it may need to be lubed / rebuilt.

The sound popping sound as already mentioned is more than likely the seat closing as the balance chamber comes up to pressure...

Jeff Lane

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom