SP MK 25 IP

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

A leak into the ambient chamber is almost always a leak at the HP o-ring on the piston shaft, much less often from the piston head o-ring. But….there is that internal o-ring in the MK25 piston I mentioned. There are ways of determining which is the leaker, but my guess with your IP creep and noise, you just need a rebuild by a competent technician and that will fix all the problems.

A leak into the ambient chamber is almost always a leak at the HP o-ring on the piston shaft, much less often from the piston head o-ring
The only time I see a leak at the HP o-ring is if someone forgot to use a piston bullet to install the piston and damaged the HP o-ring or if someone somehow scratched the shaft of piston which I would imagine is more difficult than damaging the tip.

Almost all ambient chamber leaks I see on flow through piston desings like the MK25 & the Atomics is from the piston head o-ring. Generally it's from corrosion build up when someone does a poor job cleaning the ambient chamber out or if someone gets debris stuck on the piston head o-ring. Where I work we have lots of black lava rock sand which is harder than brass. That lava rock sand will get stuck right on the piston head o-ring and as the piston cycles up and down it will wear a nice little grove into the metal.

Pictures attached

Attachments

• 4.png
    4.png
    478.5 KB · Views: 6
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    32.2 KB · Views: 7
  • WIN_20240924_11_42_12_Pro.jpg
    WIN_20240924_11_42_12_Pro.jpg
    61.9 KB · Views: 7

Back