Souvenir ideas?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Carlos Diver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
How about it? I need a good gift for a friend of mine, strictly platontic, from Cozumel. She travels a ton and always remembers to bring me shot glasses for my collection. Now its my job to return the favor. What are some of the most unique things Cozumel can offer? Want to stay under $30 for this.

Thanks.

Probably nothing unique from Cozumel, but you could find Mayan souvenirs, Xtabentun liqueur, or maybe a unique Cozumel T-shirt? Cinco Soles is a diverse and interesting shop at the north end of town, plus there are lots of souvenir shops around the plaza.

The xxx fertility statues are a great gag gift lol.

``Xtabentun liqueur''

What exactly is this?

I know all about the shops and cheap trinkets. I would like something a little unique if possible. She travels to Playa Del Carmen every year, but despite my best efforts, has never taken the ferry to the real vacation spot :)

Check out Los Cincos Soles on the main drag past the Plaza. It's always been my favorite place to look for nice gifts, or items for myself. Although they carry a lot of trinkets, they also carry very nice quality stuff. I've purchased good silver jewelry there, and it's my favorite place to pick up good quality handcrafted stoneware. I've brought back beautiful bowls, dishes and serving platters. And smaller items for gifts for others. We've also brought back some of the beautiful blue-green glassware as gifts. Another somewhat unique gift would be some artwork. We've bought 3 or 4 small paintings on various trips from a lady that displays her art on Sunday evenings in the plaza. She does lovely work. Ours are images from the interior of Mexico. I believe they were $30 or less, and we were able to fit them in our suitcase since they were small, flat & lightweight.

You might consider one of the hand carved figures. We have a collection of turtles that started with our first trip to Cozumel. There are some made of stone, different types of wood and some made of bone. <$30 and one of our favorite things. We have been collecting them from all of our dive destinations. Just a thought.

Those crazy margarita glasses that Wet Wendy's uses are awesome and I need to figure out how to get a couple home one year. I haven't seen them anywhere but Coz.....

Siince your friend has been contributing to your shot glass collection perhaps start a charm bracelet collection from your travels for her. Another vote for Los Cinco Soles. It is located in front/adjacent to Pancho's backyard, north of the plaza.

The first time we went to Cozumel we brought home a picture painted on a feather. There is a guy selling them on the square and there are also a couple of shops off the square with them. The guy claimed they were locally done. I don't know about that, but they are very unique. Something I KNOW is locally done are some clothing items with Day of the Dead guys and gals hand painted on them. I bought one of a scuba diver. Dicker on the price. I got mine for half of what they were asking. The artist signed it for me too!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom