Trip Report January 2023 in Cozumel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

navyjake

New
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Just completed a week in Cozumel, January 8-15 2023. Had a great experience, below are some details if they are helpful. My partner is a very experienced diver and I have about 25 dives under my belt. Our first time to Cozumel but my partner had been all over the world. He felt this was a bucket list spot and he wasn’t disappointed.

Dove Shop- Tres Pelicanos- While here I completed my AOW as well. We completed 13 dives over 5 days with mostly morning dives and one twilight/night dive. Jorge was our dive master every day for our larger group and was great. Jose was my instructor for AOW and stayed with us through the week. Also excellent service and a great experience, they have smaller boats so it allowed for a great dive experience. We corresponded with Jeannie in the office leading up to the trip and during our time and she was very responsive and a great communicator.

Lodging- while not budget friendly, we stayed at the Cozumel Palace. It was all inclusive and very large rooms and it was nice to have our meals prepped for us every day. Great location with walking to both busy parts of town. However some of its luxury was likely wasted on us as we were here to dive. This is great for families or larger groups who may not all be diving as there is a lot to offer in the resort.

Dive Shop- Tres Pelicanos- While here I completed my AOW as well. We completed 13 dives over 5 days with mostly morning dives and one twilight/night dive. Jorge was our dive master every day for our larger group and was great. Jose was my instructor for AOW and stayed with us through the week.
Is Jorge the Cubano back with 3P or was this a different Jorge?

Did you take your profile pic in Cozumel? It looks like every sunset pic I've taken from the Palace. Beautiful place.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom