Southern WV Dive Club Picnic

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

AmyinWV

Reaction score
End of Summer Picnic
:wave-smil​

DATE: Saturday, September 18th
TIME: Starts at 11am
PLACE: Summersville Lake, winter boat ramp playground & picnic area

Bring your dive gear and the family out to enjoy a day at the lake. The Southern West Virginia Dive Club will be holding their first annual End-of-Summer Picnic. We will be in a picnic shelter at the playground area. Bring a dish to pass.

Traveling west on RT-129, just over the dam/dyke, it will be on the right. We will be at one of the picnic shelters in this area (not the one along the road to the boat ramp, it's already been reserved). Look for the big dive flag. Eat, socialize, dive, let the kids play and swim too. A good time for all.

We are not a shop affiliated club, just fellow divers and their families out to have a FUN day!

Please email me with any questions, wvdiveclub@yahoo.com -Amy

what kinda of water temp are you expecting amy that weekend?

Oh yeah where is the Beckley Pancake House located?
I heard they have killer Buckwheat Pancakes!

Hopefully around 80*, it has been around 83* lately.

The Beckley Pancake House is OK, I guess. It is located on Harper Road, I-77 exit 44, then go East. It's about 1/3 of a mile on the left (or north side) of Harper Rd.

Think you can make it?? Hope so.

Oh, and it is weather permitting, I forgot to add that.

Amy,

Sounds like great fun. I would love to come out and meet you and the other local divers. I will put it on my calendar and plan to be there. Should I bring something to add to the picnic?

Cool, hope we will see you there. And yes, bring a dish if you can or some soda, whatever.

Amy

For any of the divers that are planning to attend the picnic, air fills at Sarge's Dive Shop (in the marina) will need to get your tanks there earlier than the planned start of the picnic. They will be breaking their machine down around 10 or 10:30am and it should be reassembled and ready to go around 1 or 1:30pm. The good news is, that where they move it to, his house, is actually closer to where we will be picnicing.

But I wouldn't wait until 1:30 to get them filled as we will probably be in the water before that.

Sarge's was also generous enough to donate some prizes, so we will also be having an underwater treasure hunt :59: .

Please PM me if you need me to make any special arrangements for you. Hope we get a really nice day!!

Hate to do this (I'm sooo :censored: bummed) but we're going to have to call the picnic off. It looks like Ivan will be here just in time the completely screw everything up.

:zap1:

I figured it was best to just call it off now so I have time to get everybody notified. I had divers coming from all over and I hate to see them drive so far for nothing.

I'm really sorry to do this. It was one of those hard executive decisions. Hopefully we can reschedule it again sometime. I appreciate the great response (mostly PM's) from everyone. Dive safe....

P.S. I will be back up there on Sunday, October 3rd

Hi;

I just moved to Huntington WV from Texas and am interested in meeting other divers from my new area. How far away from Huntington is (was!) this picnic? If you re-schedule, please let me know. Also, any other trips/events you're putting together I'd be interested in knowing about? Thanks!

Matt

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom