Southern Red Sea liveaboard

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Cold I can withstand, waves less so. But what does a sandstorm do to a liveaboard trip? (Never seen one.)

You do not want to dive in jan feb in the red sea. Windy and Cold. They are some regular flights to marsa alam. In fact, from my natve town, Brussels, there is a plane that does Hurgada/Marsa Alam with the same plane.

Cold I can withstand, waves less so. But what does a sandstorm do to a liveaboard trip? (Never seen one.)
The sand part not neccesarilly much, the wind more so as it can be limiting to which dive sites you can get to or how comfortable the ride there is..

The Fury & st John's trip I wanted to book has just got canceled. Does someone know an operator offering a deep south tour
in the last week of March? I already arranged my flights, worst case I'll use the day boats (they offered me an Elpinstone
trip instead - that I'd rather visit by a cheaper-simpler dayboat).

Thanks, I check them out. As far as I understood they organize the boat dives in the morning, that leaves some
shore diving options for the afternoon.

Direct booking is a bit pricey (c'mon, 60EUR for a TENT???), but I found a broker:)) (sry, german)

Back
Top Bottom