Southern California group trip.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ana,

You may want to PM one of the mods and ask them to re-title the thread. Something like "SoCal Group Dive". Might draw the attention of a few more.

Ken,

I don't think the karaoke thing starts before 9 PM... As to the Vegas gig...:smoking:

Swimming to LB :eek: Surface swimming is a drag that's why I'm a fan of boat diving so you have to know I'll be kickin back on the ferry, not swimming to Long Beach.

Is this turning into a day trip? I was thinking Saturday diving, Saturday night party, wake whenever, maybe another dive or two, then head back. What do you think?

I can't join you as I have some gum surgery scheduled. I can barely bring myself to type that out. I will be off the regulator until it's all healed...so have fun for me!

kelpmermaid once bubbled...
I can't join you as I have some gum surgery scheduled. I can barely bring myself to type that out...

For typing, you may want to use your hands instead :)

Sorry, I couldn't resist the bad joke.

I know how painful gum problems are. Get well soon.

That would solve the problem, Arnaud. I'm not having problems now, but evidently I will if I don't do something now. I'll catch up with you all another time.

Hope you get better soon and join us for some diving soon. Who knows if this trip goes well then there should be many more to come.

I am open to any suggestions regarding on how long to stay and what we plan to do and so forth. So just let the ideas roll. I think one downfall to staying overnight is the cost of hotels in the area. But I would be willing to see what I could do to stay over the night if thats what we decide.

Maybe Dr. Bill can give us an idea of the night life available before and after the last ferry. Hey how about a sleep over at Dr. Bills :wink: he has a nice roomate and a clean house LOL Just kidding.

ANA

wrinkles once bubbled...
Hope you get better soon and join us for some diving soon. Who knows if this trip goes well then there should be many more to come.

I am open to any suggestions regarding on how long to stay and what we plan to do and so forth. So just let the ideas roll. I think one downfall to staying overnight is the cost of hotels in the area. But I would be willing to see what I could do to stay over the night if thats what we decide.

Maybe Dr. Bill can give us an idea of the night life available before and after the last ferry. Hey how about a sleep over at Dr. Bills :wink: he has a nice roomate and a clean house LOL Just kidding.

ANA

We can get a very decent rate at the Atwater. Nightlife in Avalon easily beats down watching C-Span. I'm not sure what else it beats, though...

Nice new title for the thread :)

I was planning on being over at the Park on the 8th but might hold off until the next weekend. What am I thinking I should go both!! I would take the 8:30 boat over and the 9:15 back (I just found out they changed the 8:50 to 9:15 as of a few days ago). I would be fun to meet more local ScubaBoard divers and put faces with names.
Christopher

PS DrB. now I can bring you that CD I mentinoned soooooo long ago. Bet you thought I forgot!!

scubaxris- I'm like an elephant, I never forget (and like an elephant I have to make sure I don't "outgrow" my wetsuit!).

Conditions here have been surgy most of the week. I'm just heading down to test the waters. Of course by the weekend of the group dive anything could happen. At least vis has been generally good for several weeks now. Water temp too... 63 at 80 ft the other day! Toasty.

Dr. Bill

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom