Southern California group trip.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

that perhaps a beach gathering somewhere would be fun ... a little bbq...diving...sun...and the smell of fire...sounds great to me.

Ana

Ps
my school is shut down due to the fire so i have plenty of time maybe indefianately depending how the winds are.

wrinkles once bubbled...
... a little bbq...diving...sun...and the smell of fire...my school is shut down due to the fire...

Not sure a BBQ would be really PC these days...

Some of us can easily be found in Catalina, at the dive park. It's always a party!

wrinkles... I know of quite a few planned beach dives coming up over the next few weeks and months in laguna beach and san pedro as well as over to catalina. e-mail me if your interested. elitedetailoc@aol.com

Westside - lots o' places for a meet & greet, but tough to find good diving and good grub on the sand. Fire pits, sure. Reasonable diving, with firepits and fun...tough to come by.

I second Catalina. Many of us are there all the time. I'll set up a big banner so the world knows its us, we can dive the park then go to Descanso for a few pops - set a blaze in the pit, and get nuts. Maybe we go into town for some Karaoke (sing it, wrinkles...) or just go put on funny hats at Luau Larry's and sing stale Buffet tunes with the band.

I can see it now - So Cal Scuba Board descends on Avalon. We'd tear that place up. residents settling into a mellow fall groove after Jazz tracks and the triathlon then *BOOM*.... "hi honey, we're home..."

They may ask us never to return... who knows. Good thing we have a resident advocate in Dr. Bill to smooth things over after the schrapnel we'll leave behind. He and Herbie will make things right with the CAT IS CO for us.

Maybe we make it a daytime affair and do some dives, then descent en masse to the Dockside for a Rhode Island sized Breakfast burrito and some more bad cover tunes. Sing along with the gasoline fumes...that's my motto. Sounds like another mess DrB will need to mend for us.

Hmmm... theres a pattern developing - we roll in, take over, leave a swath, DrB fixes it so we're not 86'ed from the place. Maybe that won't work so well - I mean, dude is the king o' island fun. We'll need someone else with a stearling reputation and UN-type negotiating skills to be our gardian angel.

Wrinkles - you get my vote. This inspired mobile mahem was your idea. You need to get over there quick so the bluehairs can board the windows, and Olaf stocks up on hot fudge. SB So Cal is rolling in, baby.

Mid November is my vote.

Besides, I live on the fashionable Westside. i don't want you degenerates descending on MY part of town....

K

I prefer a Sat. -

I'm an early riser (SOME of us on this board are not...) so I suggest we roll in when we roll in. Its not the convoy, but the pow-wow that will make this jolly event a legend, you know?

K

Back
Top Bottom