South Florida Irma panic

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Why does seemingly everyone need bottled water? Do people who live in these areas not have the good sense to own large containers they can fill from the tap?

Convenience, portability, no need cup to carry around, etc.

Convenience, portability, no need cup to carry around, etc.

I get the "advantages" of bottled water over that archaic thing called tap water that has been inconveniencing people for the past hundred years, sure. But seriously, people are buying up bottled water as though there is no other solution, when in fact there is an obvious solution. Do they forget that Florida has some of the best tasting tap water in the country? Food-grade plastic containers that hold 5 gallons are easy to find. If they need portability, they could even save some of those "disposable" water bottles and refill them from the tap.

I get the "advantages" of bottled water over that archaic thing called tap water that has been inconveniencing people for the past hundred years, sure. But seriously, people are buying up bottled water as though there is no other solution, when in fact there is an obvious solution. Do they forget that Florida has some of the best tasting tap water in the country? Food-grade plastic containers that hold 5 gallons are easy to find. If they need portability, they could even save some of those "disposable" water bottles and refill them from the tap.

A lot of truth here but....NO jugs/containers to be found anywhere for a while now [since this past weekend]. I have a few on hand. Also, lots of folks on well water.
Double checking bug-out bag now.
Something to remember folks who are in harms way....your water heater is a reservoir. Turn off inlet when it comes time and use drain to fill your containers.

Last edited:
The rebreather divers know what to do with all of those empty sorb buckets now.

Why does seemingly everyone need bottled water? Do people who live in these areas not have the good sense to own large containers they can fill from the tap?
Really. I have better than bottled water coming out of my tap now. There's no way I want to spend that kind of money on what I can pull out from the ground.

We get so accustomed to modern conveniences that sometimes we forget the obvious. Like when I wave my hand over the trash can lid and get confused when it doesn't open...on cans with no sensor. :confused:

Like when I wave my hand over the trash can lid and get confused when it doesn't open...on cans with no sensor. :confused:
What is this sorcery you speak of. We may not have this modern convenience in Florida yet. Great water is everywhere, but self opening trash cans?

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom