South Florida Irma panic

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yikes! Shelter needed even up in cave country? Well, keep yourself and those kitties safe!

And it's seems my planned dive trip to Key Largo in 6 weeks may not work out so well.

Thanks for those positive vibes! :D :D :D I'm thinking I might have to find a shelter at this point. I need a place where my kitties are welcome.

If you don't find anything closer, Easton Newberry Sports Complex & Waldo Community School are pet-friendly shelters

And it's seems my planned dive trip to Key Largo in 6 weeks may not work out so well.
The corals will still be there and there might be a number of new wrecks to dive. :D

i was actually supposed to fly to FL to dive key largo/emerald charters this weekend...hope I can make it next weekend..hopefully minimal damage thoughts wih everyone in florida (including my dad)

Evac'd from Hollywood up to NE of Orlando in Deland. Might soon become Deocean.. LOL
Storm still has not arrived. Waiting. Waiting. ugh.. Left Thursday in those long lines of cars.
This is on the west coast, which generally has worse vis than the east, but I dove Venice beach 2 days after Charley and had some of the best vis ever. And found $20 floating around.
Looks like you're gonna get a chance to try again after Irma. LOL, I was actually thinking I bet there's gonna be a lot of teeth!

Why does seemingly everyone need bottled water? Do people who live in these areas not have the good sense to own large containers they can fill from the tap?
I don't get it either. I think people forgot how to reuse stuff. I have 4 5-gallon water jugs that I keep in the shed just for times like this. Glad I filled them before I left as there is now a boil water alert for Hollywood.

I watched the path not include me... until two evenings ago... then it went from tropical winds to the eye of a cat 3 storm! Arghhhhhhhhhhh!

So, Ma~, Silt and I bugged out to stay up in the Deep 6 Warehouse just south of Macon Ga. @Todd Bissonette is throwing some steaks on the grill. The kitties are upstairs eating, drinking and pooping. Life is good. and I'm messing around on @cerich's computer. This could be fun. I'll continue this over on the Deep 6 forum here. :D :D :D

Well as far as my area and where I ventured for work today (Coral Springs and Pompano) not much damage was seen mostly trees down no blown roofs or houses knocked around.

Glad it veered west and the east coast was spared. Thoughts go out to west coast and people who got it worse.

VDH fared pretty well here in Pasco county. Eyewall to our east about 10 miles around 2am. Up early running chainsaws and tow ropes for the neighbors that didnt do as good. Lots of power out and problems for folks who dont have generators wells and septic. Positive thoughts for those who were not as lucky as us. Friends lost a home over in Jacksonville area to flooding and still have not heard from others in Key West. For us its time to clean up, learn what to do better next time and help our neighbors.

Where I am in Miami we took gusts of 115mph. Lots of trees down in the area. Power is being restored in the area pretty quick.
On another note I heard most of the dock where Islamdmorada Dive Center is gone. I have not heard much else as of yet grom the keys but it doesn't sound good. I fear there are several charters that lost boats from this.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom