South Florida Irma panic

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm going to have to ride it out in Fort Lauderdale...good luck to all and be as safe as possible..... i won't be diving this weekend...( smile)

I'm going to have to ride it out in Fort Lauderdale...good luck to all and be as safe as possible..... i won't be diving this weekend...( smile)

Good luck and keep your gear close by :wink:

I rode a few out when I was living there during my college days....I consider myself lucky.

Hope Irma diverts, goes back into the ocean, or greatly lessens in magnitude.

If not, thoughts and prayers to all in the path of this epic storm.

I think Irma is pulling a Sandy. We were expecting her, but she got a better deal in NJ.

Could be right, days away from the actual strike-if any.

In the meantime the keys are emptying, bottled water (what a ripoff) out of stock, airlines upping out
of Florida fees by huge amounts.

In the meantime the keys are emptying, bottled water (what a ripoff) out of stock, airlines upping out
of Florida fees by huge amounts.

I HAVE seen some $300./nite el cheapo motels today, but also Jet Blue announced $99. fares out of all their served Florida cities.

Or she could pull an Andrew and run South Florida over.

Well you should have been out diving. The last two days viz has been stellar, equal to Keys or Bahamas on the best of days. Two days of limits has the cooler filled with lobsters for the barbecue after the power goes out. Only other boats were cruisers beating it to safer haunts. Best of all filled up with fuel at the marina on the water -- no lines. Conditions should be the same tomorrow, then have to hunker down.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom