sorry for this post

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I say that they should have been shipped off to Gitmo and tortured until they admitted that they were planning an attack of some sort and also fingered a few other suspects who could also be hauled off and tortured as well. Can't be too careful if you want to be safe!

In fact, I think Madison could actually be a double agent. He was probably the bagman hold the the c4 and breathers in his trunk... something spooked the op and he is posting here just to divert attention from himself. Yeah... I think he needs a little Gitmo2vation himself.

Uncle Pug:
I say that they should have been shipped off to Gitmo and tortured until they admitted that they were planning an attack of some sort and also fingered a few other suspects who could also be hauled off and tortured as well. Can't be too careful if you want to be safe!

In fact, I think Madison could actually be a double agent. He was probably the bagman hold the the c4 and breathers in his trunk... something spooked the op and he is posting here just to divert attention from himself. Yeah... I think he needs a little Gitmo2vation himself.
I always figured you for a Repuglican.

I am much more concerned in the WATER temperature than the air when choosing gear to wear for diving.

pipedope:
I am much more concerned in the WATER temperature than the air when choosing gear to wear for diving.

It seems like the water temp is always cold 'round these parts :(

Air temp is still a critical factor though, again we aren't talking about a cloudy 65degree day, down south, an air temp in the 30s (w/ some wind) is no joke.

Don't assume that it is always warm here in FL, or sunny either.

I did a series of jobs at the 33rd ST jail in Orange County over about a month. The first job the air temp was 33 degrees when we started. The temp in the water in the underground pipe was very warm and comfortable.
One month later air temp was in the 90s with full sun. Once again, the water inside the pipe was very nice.

I agree that both the air and water temps are important but if the air is cold I can cover up or seek shelter when out of the water.

all in all, i'd take a higher water temperature than air temperature. water conducts
heat much more efficiently, so i would rather it'd be "cold" topside than in the water
("cold" of course is relative)

OTOH water temperature too high is worse.
If you don't have a cold water system you are hosed as it is *very* easy to overheat and hard to cool down.

I had a bout of heat exhaustion on a job on the 417 toll road in east Orlando. The air temp was in the 90s and the water was over 100 degrees.

Once again, I know that most divers don't dive in water that warm but if you do you need to protect yourself.
BTW Dragging concrete pumping hose around didn't help much either. :eyebrow:

I should make my point clear.

It is hard to make assumptions based on the suit used for diving as different dive profiles may call for different adjustments.
Also different people have different comfort levels and will require different amounts of protection from cold.

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom