sore nose

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Makushr1

Registered
Reaction score
My mask pushes really hard on the bottom of my nose (the cartlidge part right about the upper lip) after I do a couple of dives. I constantly unpressurize my mask so its not so tight as I decend. Is there anything I can do to help it not hurt so bad, other than a getting a new mask... or nose job? haha

i had a habit of having the mask too tight...since i loosened it...no more sore nose issues. I have learned its not going to just fall off while diving...lol I am sure that is why I insisted on keeping it tighter than necessary.

00scuba:
i had a habit of having the mask too tight...since i loosened it...no more sore nose issues. I have learned its not going to just fall off while diving...lol I am sure that is why I insisted on keeping it tighter than necessary.

And I was so sure you were going to lead into "bad gas can cause a sore nose."

Scubakevdm:
And I was so sure you were going to lead into "bad gas can cause a sore nose."

not everything has to do with gas or a bodily function....come on now... :)

It's either too tight or doesn't fit.

The strap only needs to be tight enough to keep it from falling off your face. If you need more than that, the mask doesn't fit properly.

Also, you may need to go to a couple of different stores to try masks. It should be comfortable, and seal well with a minimum amount of pressure.

Terry

Makushr1:
My mask pushes really hard on the bottom of my nose (the cartlidge part right about the upper lip) after I do a couple of dives. I constantly unpressurize my mask so its not so tight as I decend. Is there anything I can do to help it not hurt so bad, other than a getting a new mask... or nose job? haha

I had to quit wearing a mask with a purge vale due to the same discomfort.I purchased a Mares x vision mask and no more probs.

Along with the fit issue it how are you wearing it. If the strap is too far up on your head this will cause the mask to constantly pull up and cause what you are experiencing. And no it does not have to be so tight as to leave a ring. Loosen it up. If these things don't work it's off to the lds and to ebay with the old one.

Back
Top Bottom