Somehow my tanks multiplied on me.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I need more.. I really do.. :daydream:

“If you know how many tanks you have then you don’t have enough” lol!

But seriously, I have 9 now up from 7 which was probably too many, and now I saw here on SB a member in Hayward,CA posted about another 1970 Voit steel 72 galvy with 3/4” O-ring valve but out of hydro, for sale for $60. I’m trying to look away, but another part of me says to jump on it because I have a “thing” for those tanks, the slim petite cute little things that they are.
Part of the reason is I don’t like odd numbers so 10 would be a good number and I promise to stop there.
Another reason is if I go up to Mendocino county to dive and camp, there are no dive shops up there anymore so I’d have to bring all the tanks I’d need for multiple days if diving.

“I’m not a tankaholic, I can quit anytime I want!”.

I wish that only happened to tanks.

We got a new bed last month and while removing the old one we discovered a long box with 4 pairs of fins.
The room was changed around almost 5 years ago and truly don't remember storing them in there ... But there they were.
Duck feet, old UDT, IDI frog foot, and modern mares. Why did we think it was a good idea to get them in the first place, i don't know.
Post some pictures!
Many here love that old stuff.

I think I have 21 tanks. Of course, when I started writing this, my count only came up to 17. So who knows if I’ve actually got them all. Four sets of usable doubles (two “large”, two “medium”), One set of doubles to store helium (*very* clearly marked with multiple labels, and the valve knobs are taped to make it difficult to rotate them). Two AL40’s for O2 deco, one AL80 for 50% deco, two AL80 stages, two LP120’s as oxygen bank from my O2 concentrator/compressor. Those 17 are all used regularly. The other tanks are a few odd tanks that I use less frequently or keep to be used by other people (like HP 80s that I would never use personally but keep for children).

The sick part is: I really wish I had a few more sets. I’d love a set or two of LP50 doubles (Yes, @Marie13, I know.....) to be “small” doubles, and when you are diving trimix it can be useful to have more tanks so you don’t have to use tri-mix when it’s not necessarily ideal just because you want to use the set of tanks it’s in.

I think I have 21 tanks. Of course, when I started writing this, my count only came up to 17. So who knows if I’ve actually got them all. Four sets of usable doubles (two “large”, two “medium”), One set of doubles to store helium (*very* clearly marked with multiple labels, and the valve knobs are taped to make it difficult to rotate them). Two AL40’s for O2 deco, one AL80 for 50% deco, two AL80 stages, two LP120’s as oxygen bank from my O2 concentrator/compressor. Those 17 are all used regularly. The other tanks are a few odd tanks that I use less frequently or keep to be used by other people (like HP 80s that I would never use personally but keep for children).

The sick part is: I really wish I had a few more sets. I’d love a set or two of LP50 doubles (Yes, @Marie13, I know.....) to be “small” doubles, and when you are diving trimix it can be useful to have more tanks so you don’t have to use tri-mix when it’s not necessarily ideal just because you want to use the set of tanks it’s in.

The not wanting to waste expensive helium on shallow quarry dives is why I got my third pair of LP85s.

@tmassey has called first dibs on my LP50s if I ever decided to get rid of them. He’s still in mourning for the set of LP50 doubles posted on SB for something like $350 within the last year that he missed out on.

My steel 50's are due for hydro next year. They are so old I cringe every 5 years thinking this time the serial numbers will be returned XXXXX :( It happened to my 1st 72 10 years ago and it wasn't as old as my 50's, which were in made 1965 and not treated very well by a former owner, they look good with the boots on but with the boots off pitting city.

Post some pictures!
Many here love that old stuff.

Don't want to hijack the thread but here it goes.
I really don't want this fins

Attachments

• IMG_20210718_101955688.jpg
    IMG_20210718_101955688.jpg
    50.1 KB · Views: 44
  • IMG_20210718_101938539.jpg
    IMG_20210718_101938539.jpg
    85.3 KB · Views: 58
  • IMG_20210718_101731769.jpg
    IMG_20210718_101731769.jpg
    52 KB · Views: 52
  • IMG_20210718_101737608.jpg
    IMG_20210718_101737608.jpg
    42.3 KB · Views: 47
  • IMG_20210718_101846434.jpg
    IMG_20210718_101846434.jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 59
I placed a pair of Worthington 120’s in a candlelit room with a bottle of Merlot and Marvin Gaye playing in the background and….nothing! Not even a Spare Air arrived. Should I have played Barry White instead? :eyebrow:

Don't want to hijack the thread but here it goes.
I really don't want this fins

Those Mares Plana Avanti are very good fins, I use'em all the time. I have several pairs and a pair for warm water snorkeling, full foot model. I put spring straps on the others, a L pair for wet suit and a XL pair for dry suit boots and a spare pair.
You might want to put those UDTs on Ebay.

Here's one of my 96's in action

DSCN2886.JPG

Reactions: Ana
https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom