Software?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

V-Planner gives you the stop time at each depth, as well as run times.

Decoplanner is what GUE uses. For what it's worth you can arrive at similar ascent profiles with either program if the gradient factors or conservatism is adjusted. Of course the "ifs" are important. As already mentioned V-planner has some addtional tools for gas planning and mixing which I do not believe Decoplanner does (but then I have not seen Decoplanner in a long time).

Decoplanner will produce different results for multilevel profiles. Don't ask me why I don't really use either software. Some of the SFO area folks "discovered" the discrepancy, maybe they can post on the when's and how's.

Has any one looked at Decocheck? In playing with it, it seems very user friendly and the dive can be played with very in many different ways (depth, gas, time). I have no experience with any of this so input from others would be appreciated. A little about me, I have been diving for over 20 yrs instructed open water for 8 yrs and am now looking to extend my training to keep my interest and desire to get in the water.

CanDive...I am also deliberating which software I should invest into. Not having settled yet on the specific multi-gas, gas switching dive computer I will acquire in the very near future for Adv nitrox/deco procs, I just want to make sure that the software I eventually pick closely emulates the algorithm of the computer if not it becomes a clash of too many simultaneous experiments.

Advanced nitrox/deco procedures if you've got a decent instructor you wont be using a computer. It'll be gauge mode or bottom timers and slates.

CanDive...I am also deliberating which software I should invest into. Not having settled yet on the specific multi-gas, gas switching dive computer I will acquire in the very near future for Adv nitrox/deco procs, I just want to make sure that the software I eventually pick closely emulates the algorithm of the computer if not it becomes a clash of too many simultaneous experiments.

Although VPM is getting into more wrist computers the majority of dive computers seem to use some varient of Buhlmann. One or two computers support some hazy implementation of RGBM.

Does anyone still have a copy of Dr X that they are willing to send me? I used it way back when but lost it somewhere along the way. I would love to have it back just to show new tech divers the progression of what we are using now.

RTee, it sounds like we are venturing down the same path at the moment. I have been looking very seriously looking at the Shearwater Predator computers.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom