SoFl Conch Get-together, May 20th

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

wharper

Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Conch Get Together at Howard & Michelle's

Hello too all my fellow south florida chonchs. I am just going to throw this out there, but all of the peeps that are somewhat familiar with the Splashdown group, and I realize I am the new guy still, but I think it is about time for a little get together (actual diving optional of course, ha ha). Let me hear some feedback on this, PLEASE!!

PARTY STARTS AT NOON!!!!

So: Dives at HIBISCUS in Lauderdale by the sea beginning at 6:30 for those interested in a Sunrise Dive; 9:00 for the rest of us.

For those just interested in the get-together, arrive at Howarde's @ 12:00/1:00. Bring an offering and your favorite beverage.

See everyone there.

TO REPEAT: AM DIVING FROM MARVEL'S HOUSE, THEN A TRANSFER OF ABOUT 1/2 MILE DOWN TO HOWARDE'S FOR THE GET-TOGETHER............

WHO'S BRINGING WHAT:

details out there Bro. I'm sure there will be somebody close that will wanna hook-up. Whatcha got in mind?
Chris

I think I agree...it's been ages since we had a proper Conch Get-together down here......

Is anyone doing anything in particular for OceanFest? Maybe and afternoon get-together this weekend is in order.

Or, for long term planning, how about Memorial Day weekend.......

People? Conchs? Bueller?

We could have that Conch BBQ/dive our reef - I was talkin about - I believe the pool opens after May 15.

I'd be up for a boat dive too... whatever...

We're gonna be down until May 24th - so maybe something before then? :D

I'm up for everything, boat, bbq (I make great chicken marinada, great salad, huge REAL steaks, etc'), beach, whatever.

I just don't handle alcohol very well, so I might need to get a little nap in the car afterwards... :D

Ok, then, consulting my Magic 8 Ball, I see the Mgeadive at Ginnie is the first weekend of May, so, giving some time for recovery for those attendees, how about the weekend of the 20th of May......before Howarde/Michelle leave. So, that accommodates a few on each side............
Votes?

Sounds good to me.
I've already got plans to be elsewhere Mem Day weekend.

SPIIIIN the Big Wheel to see who will actually have the Rum Tote by then.

Chonch ??

Count me in also.
I'll bring some Mount Gay and maybe some Ahi for searing with a little wasabi and sesame oil. Howard, got any friends close that would allow a Sherpa to confiscate some ground space for highway accident avoidance?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom