SoCal's DIR / DIR Curious Shore Dive

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I think I hang around SB way too much 'cause I know almost everyone on this thread :). Well except I haven't met Hinalo yet :).

Aquaregia, I think you’re the only one here who is interested, but has never been in the water with us. You can fix that – Just pick one of us that likes to dive with new divers, and send a PM :wink:. You’re choice who. I'm happy to dive with you, Don, Ben, Peter are all great to dive with. Congrats on your new bp/w!

Ben’s tied up with Tech 1 for a couple of weeks. Then we can co-coordinate an informal M&G. If I hear of any official events in the works, I'll post here.

Peter–hope you make it down. It would be great to see you again!

He does build beautiful back plates (There are two Freedom Plates in our house), and he is always friendly and willing to help others!

roger that. just packed my Freedom Plate in the truck for the weekend.

I just looked into the cost of x-shorts....$110 for extra pockets? Seems kinda expensive.

Well, for me that's any pockets at all. My 7mm suits each cost less than one of the glue on pockets, and if I wear my 3/2 or no wetsuit, then I've paid half the price of x-shorts and still don't have pockets. The dive holsters are half the price of the x-shorts, but I'm worried about them flopping around as they age, or falling off of me (theyre only held on by velcro). So, cry.

I'll definitely hit you guys up for a dive at some point. I just booked up my next two weekends, but yeah. Scheduling is always fun.

Sure I'm in... I'ld love to meet some of the DIR people you guys keep talking about.... Do you know any?

:wink:

From the very first PM you ever sent me:

Ben_ca:
Hi there,

Welcome to Scubaboard and diving... since I'm DIR.

Ben

:dork2:

There's a guy in Santa Rosa selling an old school backpack and horsecollar on craigslist right now. If it wasn't such a drive I'd pick em up just to try the no-BC deal.

You don't even have to do that.
I could show you how to set up a tank with nothing but a strap harness and you could go out and dive it as is, no plate or pack of any kind. Don't tell anybody though because they'll think I've lost my marbles and am trying to steer people away from the FP. I'm really not, I just know a super easy and cheap way to mount a tank on a persons back with nothing more than a Hog harness kit and a couple of cam bands.
You could even hog loop it, use a short single hose or a double hose, with or without a guage, with a console, any way you want, but you ain't gonna have an inflator button.
I'm just sayin'.

But before you try it let me know so we can meet up and I can show you the ropes of no BC diving. Maybe save you a lot of learning curve.

And if you ever want to part with that great looking knife in your avatar you make sure you let me know first, K.

Actually, I'd qualify as "DIR curious"! I read the SoCal thread and thought it sounded like a pretty cool event. I'd try to go to something like that. I'm not ready to start shopping for new gear or take a class yet, but I've read about that style or approach to diving and I am CURIOUS...

-Barbara

From the very first PM you ever sent me:

LoL

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Actually, I'd qualify as "DIR curious"! I read the SoCal thread and thought it sounded like a pretty cool event. I'd try to go to something like that. I'm not ready to start shopping for new gear or take a class yet, but I've read about that style or approach to diving and I am CURIOUS...

-Barbara

Hi Barbara,

You’re very welcome to join the M&G. Please stop back into this thread for updates on future event/events.

Feel free to PM me if you have any questions about the dive system -- or just ask them here :).

Back
Top Bottom