SoCal's DIR / DIR Curious Shore Dive

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thank you, fofo :)
Hi Kristina!

For quoting, find the post you want to quote, and there are four buttons at the bottom right corner of that post, "Quote" "M-Quote" "Q-Reply" "Thanks".

Click on "Quote" and you'll go to a window that has text like:
[ Q UOTE=ScreenNameOfWhoeverYouAreQuoting;12345] blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah [/QU O TE]

(I added some spacing in "QUOTE" so that it didn't post it as a quote and you could see it as it would show in the edit window). Edit the text if needed (the "blah blah blah" in the example), leaving only the juicy parts, and add your comments below that. And that's it! You can click on Post Reply or Preview Post.

For quoting several posts, select the ones you want to quote with "M-Quote" and then click on Quote in any of them and you'll have all the comments in the edit window.

Have fun!

DIR divers? Nope, I don't know really know anyone local who uses that ID.
I would never use that term due to the stigma behind it!
But I do know tons of really helpful & fun local long hose divers :wink:!
Long hose or Hogarthian diver works for me :cool2:

I "might" be able to make a fun dive day...to soon to tell.

"Hogarthian longhose" -- the opposite of "vintage doublehose"

In other news, I finally picked up a BP/W and longhose :)

"Hogarthian longhose" -- the opposite of "vintage doublehose"
Where is ZKY going to fit into all of this? :eyebrow: He dives completely opposite of me, but he is super streamlined in the water.

In other news, I finally picked up a BP/W and longhose :)
Wadidya get? Does that mean you are going to trade your sword in for a steak knife?

Wadidya get? Does that mean you are going to trade your sword in for a steak knife?

Never!

Actually, to be honest I carry EMT shears as a real cutting device, although I can't figure out how to sheath them. I left three pair on the Spiegel Grove in the last two weeks.

I picked up the old Halcyon rig that was for sale on SB earlier. He was able to meet me at a price that was lower than finishing the one I was putting together.

Shears are great to carry. Using a double ender clip them off in a pocket. Practicing with them is important. Often when I find fishing line, I will cut it into a few pieces. Or rescue a decorator crab that has managed to get completely tangled up in fishing line.

Pockets are kinda a necessity. That is where you will carry your wetnotes, spare mask, shears, whistle (Signal mirror and or Dive Alert), SMB attached to a spool, or whatever else the dive requires.

http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/accessories/348682-pockets.html

Of course X-Shorts would fit the bill too. That is what I use in the tropics...if I ever dove warm water...

"H" rigs are nice. I want one of their doubles wings.

Yeah, I'm trying to figure out what to do about pockets right now. I don't want to make that sort of investment in any one particular exposure suit. XShorts are probably what I'll end up with, but I'm curious about the holster and hoping for some reviews before I commit.

Part of ZKY's charm is that he doesn't seem to fit in any categories. :)
Nah, he dives vintage these days, double hose and all. He does build beautiful back plates (There are two Freedom Plates in our house), and he is always friendly and willing to help others!

There's a guy in Santa Rosa selling an old school backpack and horsecollar on craigslist right now. If it wasn't such a drive I'd pick em up just to try the no-BC deal.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom