SoCal's DIR / DIR Curious Shore Dive

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

"If Don, Rob, and Beto all show up, we can setup some sort of arena for the no-doubt epic/gladiatorial MoCal DIR instructional showdown." Hepcat62 --sorry can't figure out how to quote...

That would be awesome!

--sorry can't figure out how to quote...

Hi Kristina!

For quoting, find the post you want to quote, and there are four buttons at the bottom right corner of that post, "Quote" "M-Quote" "Q-Reply" "Thanks".

Click on "Quote" and you'll go to a window that has text like:
[ Q UOTE=ScreenNameOfWhoeverYouAreQuoting;12345] blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah [/QU O TE]

(I added some spacing in "QUOTE" so that it didn't post it as a quote and you could see it as it would show in the edit window). Edit the text if needed (the "blah blah blah" in the example), leaving only the juicy parts, and add your comments below that. And that's it! You can click on Post Reply or Preview Post.

For quoting several posts, select the ones you want to quote with "M-Quote" and then click on Quote in any of them and you'll have all the comments in the edit window.

Have fun!

I vote for Kathydee :wink:

I know, I know, I don't get a vote....but I did start the socal thread :D

+1 for kathy :wink: i got to dive with her (and ben and ted) a couple of weekends ago and it was a great intro to gue/dir.

.......................................................................................................................

Thanks Aquaregia for starting this thread. I think Nichole’s DIR/DIR curious M&G’s in SoCal are a great idea!

We are quite fortunate to have a huge supportive community in the Bay Area. We have several resident GUE/UTD instructors, ongoing classes and many helpful divers both at the recreational and technical levels.

Sorry Hepcat, there won’t be a gladiator showdown with blood shed – we are all friends :).

I am happy to dive with those of you who are curious about our dive system/training. Don and Ben V. also like diving with those who want to experience our diving first hand. Just PM one of us.

Perhaps when Ben V finishes his Tech 1 class, we can co-host a DIR curious Scubaboard M&G which will include recent class grads and those who are interested. I’m game. Ben, are you up for it?

Rob (our GUE Fundies instructor) frequents this forum, so if you really want another “Try GUE Event” make sure to let him know! The event is a great way to meet our instructors, and divers, ask questions about classes, learn about BAUE and sample our equipment in the pool.

I know Don (our UTD Essentials Instructor) has hosted UTD meet-ups from time to time. He also frequents this forum, so let him know if you have interest.

@ Kenn (Kyjellyfish), It was fun to go diving! Let’s do it again.

I look forward to diving with you Kristina and Matt soon. Even if you are still running that clippie thing Matt :D.

Feel free to PM me for contacts.

We are quite fortunate to have a huge supportive community in the Bay Area. We have several resident GUE/UTD instructors, ongoing classes and many helpful divers both at the recreational and technical levels.

Sorry Hepcat, there won’t be a gladiator showdown with blood shed – we are all friends :).

Oh - I know everybody's friends around here. I just think it's would make for an incredible pro-wrestling-style match-up. :D

Hmm... Maybe a back-kick race would make for a suitable non-violent alternative. :popcorn:

Lol, now that would be something to see!
Kathy, I'll dive with you whenever, it's always fun, maybe we can do something about matts clippies, Could be worse though, he could be one of those mof'ers
then we'd surely die :)

haha thanks Kathy. Which one are you referring to--you & Gary found a bunch of my secret clippie thingies :dork2:

.......................................................................................................................

I look forward to diving with you Kristina and Matt soon. Even if you are still running that clippie thing Matt :D.

Feel free to PM me for contacts.

haha thanks Kathy. Which one are you referring to--you & Gary found a bunch of my secret clippie thingies :dork2:

Haha thanks Andrew, but I'm not quite DIR compliant yet. I still like my quick release

The one that you just bragged about :popcorn:!

But I honestly don't remember it :)!

Last edited:
Perhaps when Ben V finishes his Tech 1 class, we can co-host a DIR curious Scubaboard M&G which will include recent class grads and those who are interested. I’m game. Ben, are you up for it?

Sure I'm in... I'ld love to meet some of the DIR people you guys keep talking about.... Do you know any?

:wink:

Sure I'm in...

Great Ben! Let's chat about setting up a M&G after your Tech 1 class! GOOD LUCK!!

Sure I'm in... I'd love to meet some of the DIR people you guys keep talking about.... Do you know any? :wink:

DIR divers? Nope, I don't know really know anyone local who uses that ID. It seems to be a common term so I just rolled with it ... Wait, I think I do know one or two who live in Texas...

But I do know tons of really helpful & fun local long hose divers :wink:!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom