SoCal Scuba Show in May (LB)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I may ....or may not be there. I didn't know any of you hooligans last time so I missed the fun I see. I had an alright time last time but really, how many flyer's from remote dive locations do I REALLY need to lug around all day and throw in the recycle bin when I get home. Oh but it was fun standing around the Sports Chalet FOREVER in the hopes the raffle would actually happen when it was supposed to. NOT! I have WORKED well over 50 trade shows. The attraction is lost on me. That said, I will probably come up if my long time dive buddy has room in the truck.

Terry

So, is there some indication we can wear so that we can spot ScubaBoarders at the show? It'd be fun to spot other boarders as I walked from booth to lecture to booth!

WadeGuthrie:
So, is there some indication we can wear so that we can spot ScubaBoarders at the show? It'd be fun to spot other boarders as I walked from booth to lecture to booth!

Posting a profile photo on scubaboard is a good way to spot eachother. Just a thought.... I've found that the scubaboard crowd is very friendly and if they see you (Christian/HeadHunter), they aren't afraid to come say hi. :)

I've got my tix for Saturday (all day + seminar). Totally looking forward to the scuba show and getting a chance to meetup with ya'll.

I think Bubba Gumps sounds like a fantastic idea - their food & drinks are fabulous.

WadeGuthrie:

If only there was a way to spot the boarders.... :eyebrow:

---
Ken

Looks like I will be there on Sunday -- anyone else?!

Plan on being there Saturday with dive buddy Andrea... unless her new condo closes and she can't make. If so, I may have some duties as a furniture mover but I'll definitely be at the show.

If my profile picture isn't enough to recognize me, look for the blue "Dive Dry with Dr. Bill" fleece vest... and the baseball cap (if I don't have time to shampoo my hair that morning).

Dr. Bill

So it looks like we've got 2 votes for Bubba Gump's for dinner this Saturday night. Anyone else have some suggestion about where to get together for dinner?

I was just looking at the Exhibit Hall Layout for the show. Maybe we could meet at the food and lounge area at the top of the map. I'm guessing that they will have tables and chairs there.

Either that or in the aisle between the Demo Tank/Pool and the Film Festival.

I'm game for whatever people think might be the best idea. How about a couple of different times to meet during the day, so that we could find each other and hang out as we cruise the show?

I look forward to seeing everyone this Saturday!

Christian

I'll be there both days, spending most of my time working the CA Wreck Divers booth. Stop by and say hi, if yer friendly...

Ray

Looking forward to seeing more than the 8 or 9 of us last time. I'll have my Cam rig so if we can rope the group together, I'll take another group pic.

Jaye and I should roll in after lunch time so we can hang out until dinner. I've been to this thing a zillion times, and I can't for the life of me imagine getting there in the AM and being there until Dinner. Arnaud and I will likely dive Malibu in the AM.

Bubba G's sounds fine. I'm more partial to the 555 or maybe L'opera (yum!) but Gumps will be fun for a big group. Can't wait. See you guys there.

---
Ken

Back
Top Bottom