SoCal Scuba Show in May (LB)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Lexy:
Woo hoo! I'm game for Saturday and like Laurel's idea of getting a hotel room. I'm damn good at making martinis...... so martinis & pizza?!? Sounds like a blast.

Yeah, that's one scubaboarder...can I have two?

scubalaurel:
Yeah, that's one scubaboarder...can I have two?

Stacked, or on the side? :11:

John

krowsea:
Stacked, or on the side? :11:

John

Welllllll... if we can get three or more it could be both!

SNOBORDJON:
Nice,
Now I'll be able to recognize people on dives! Since most peoples pictures are cartoons, hot model chics, or possums

Really, I'm told it looks just like me. :D
And it's not just a possum, it's a very happy possum. In fact, I think it looks rather like a cartoonish japanese anime possum.

My May-June stint in the Sea of Cortez was canceled two weeks ago, so I can now attend this year! Will probably go with my dive buddy Andrea, possibly both days. Hope to meet up with the SB crowd. Good to see you and Jaye yesterday at the Point, Ken (at least while we were topside given the poor vis).

Dr. Bill

drbill:
My May-June stint in the Sea of Cortez was canceled two weeks ago, so I can now attend this year! Will probably go with my dive buddy Andrea, possibly both days. Hope to meet up with the SB crowd. Good to see you and Jaye yesterday at the Point, Ken (at least while we were topside given the poor vis).

Dr. Bill
We'll get a plan together, so that we can all get together! I look forward to seeing you.

How bad was the vis yesterday when you saw Ken and Jaye?

Christian

Hey Dr. Bill,

Where you been? I have seen over a thousand phoronids! All in Catalina. Are they over here on the mainland side, too?

I've been in Florida for the past month diving with buddies Andrea and Stephanie, then spending time with my folks. Missed the kelp! My last dive on the soCal mainland was in late Aug or early Sept of 1969 so I can't say whether the phoronids are abundant there or not.

Vis yesterday was pretty poor. I would say 10-15 ft, yet that didn't really describe it. Not only was there an apparent plankton bloom, but there were particulates in the water that made even macro work iffy. I nixed diving today but walked down to the park. It was only slightly better than yesterday. Should blow out by next weekend.

I heard there was rain last week. If so, the bloom may have been triggered by the increase in nearshore nutrients coupled with several days of nice warm sunshine... just like last January.

Dr. Bill

drbill:
I've been in Florida for the past month diving with buddies Andrea and Stephanie, then spending time with my folks. Missed the kelp! My last dive on the soCal mainland was in late Aug or early Sept of 1969 so I can't say whether the phoronids are abundant there or not.

Dr. Bill

1969! Bill, you really shouldn't post any dates...that's before I was born! I don't want to be thinking of you as older than me....Then I have to put that "father" label on you. I prefer the "divin' (sexy) professior" label.

You sooo should dive of the mainland beach one of these days. Vis may not be as good as the park, but yesterday, I had beeter vis at deadman's than you all had over there!
HAHA

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom