SoCal man who allegedly poached lobsters apparently drowned by own trap

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Some people make some really bad choices, it appears that he did not only something illegal but if you enjoy ocean wildlife he was destoying it. Would it be okay if I fished out all the areas that you dive or take all the lobsters? Come on, you have to make some judgements in your life, quit trying to be so political correct!

Dive Safe,
Caymaniac

Talk about making judgments - what he did was illegal and unethical (yes, it was really bad judgment) but nowhere near entering the realm of paying the ultimate price. Maybe you should save your righteous judgment for another time when someone trying to feed his family hasn't died. Just my opinion – however politically incorrect it maybe.

Dunno if you realize that this thread is about 6 years old...:rofl3:

Dunno if you realize that this thread is about 6 years old...:rofl3:

I read it now and felt it still needed a response. Yesterday, today, six years ago...if it happened to you or a loved one that time means nothing.

Sorry... not much sympathy for someone who dies as a result of his own illegal actions. Of course I do have sympathy for his family.

Sorry... not much sympathy for someone who dies as a result of his own illegal actions. Of course I do have sympathy for his family.

He died poaching lobsters - not commiting armed robbery, murder, rape, etc. Some illegal actions are unforgiveable - others are just stupid. I will leave it at that.

Back
Top Bottom