So which wrist comp wears well even when im not in the water?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scuba-Jay

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
Alright so i think ive decided to go with a wrist computer rather than console this time. What im trying to decide is, do i want a streamlined piece that i can wear every day ( i.e it doubles as my watch) or should i select a unit that is purely for diving, and gets removed once im in for the day? If I DO decide to go for the day in day out approach, any suggestions as to good looking units? Looking forward to your response folks! I was looking at the Mares Nemo on scubatoys.com. That looks like a good deal?

thanks

Jay

How about the Oceanic Atom 2.0? Sweet looking dive watch, even though I don't own one.

It's a shame the Nitek C isn't made any more, it was/ is a good computer just like the Nitek, made a sweet watch too.

I like the Suunto Mosquito. It's a great computer, Nitrox capable, and the computer function can be turned off so the computer only functions as a watch, saving battery life. And, it's available in a variety of designer colors!

There is the Citizen dive computer/watch. It is a decent looking watch and a dive computer as well. You could also go the top of the line route with the aeris epic air integrated computer. You can buy it with or without the sending unit for the air integration. There is also the Aeris Manta. These are all computers that I carry so I am more familiar with them. The epic is a really nice computer as well as the Manta. Not sure if I really like the look of the citizen dive computer/watch. It's a little too inspector gadget looking for me, although I do like citizen watches and wear their aqualand duplex daily.

Brent

Im wearing the Oceanic Atom 2 as I type....and Im at a kiosk at our local mall for the holidays. Looks just like a regular watch and I forget Im even wearing it...

Mike

A buddy of mine wears the Citizen Eco-Drive dive watch and he hasnt dove in years. He is hoping to get back into diving and is part of the reason he bought it but I think family and work are keeping him out of diving right now.

Also, if your not looking for an Air Integrated computer...check out Oceanics Geo Watch...thats an incredible one that I just got in and will be on my website after Xmas, but we already have them.

http://oceanicww.com/p_computers_geo.html

Mike

I like my SUUNTO stinger, unlike mosquito which look a bit kiddish, it is made from very high quality materials, and I wear it all the time; only drawback is that you have to send it to service for battery replacement, although I didn't need that yet for 2 years now

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom