So,..... When you guys (& gals, of course) coming down this way?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Go deep or go home I guess. If Pennyroyal is like most, after about 2 or so the classes are over and life is better. We'll see what we get with viz in the kiddie pool.

Most of the Dive Shops show up around 8 or 8:30 CST and they spend about an hour getting checked in and unloaded. They do their 2 dives and leave. Most of the time the viz gets kicked up in the 30' or shallower area and then around 4 or 5 the viz is better and you can get some good shallow dives done. None of the OW classes venture past ~40' because it is too cold for them. Dives past 50' are amazing because of the clear water but expect to need a 7mm or drysuit. Don't forget the hood and gloves!

--
Matt

I'd like to try to get in a deep dive Sat. after the class is over, if energy is still there. I probably won't be able to hang around very long Sun. after the class is over, as I have a long "to do" list at home before work on Mon. I'm really hoping the Suunto HelO2 computer I ordered will come in this week, so I can play with it a bit this weekend.

I would ask about a deco dive but with class it probably wouldn't be a good idea for you. At any rate I will save the doubles for a deep dive.

I would ask about a deco dive but with class it probably wouldn't be a good idea for you. At any rate I will save the doubles for a deep dive.

Yeah, a deco dive probably won't be the best:no:, but I will bring my O2 bottle...... just in case:cool2:. I would settle for just a deep dive, even a short one. I need to get re- acclimated to the cold down there, because I will be assisting with an Adv. Nitrox/ Deco class in a few weeks. I will have both sets of doubles with me. Not sure if I may have to use one set for class or not, (wont know until Fri.). The class may need to borrow my rec. gear for the students, if we don't have enough form the shop. Either way, I'm diving dry. below that thermocline, it's a bit nippy. I just hope I can remember to zip my suit all the way up this time:shakehead:. I had a full suit flood last time when I failed to zip my suit up the last inch or so....... not fun.:depressed:

Most of the Dive Shops show up around 8 or 8:30 CST and they spend about an hour getting checked in and unloaded. They do their 2 dives and leave.
Matt

Our shop conducts 3 dives on the first day & 2 on the second. On Sat., we typically get done between 2- 3pm, On Sun., we're done by 12- 1pm.

GPS Coordinates for Pennyroyal are:

N 36° 51' 44.13" W 87° 28' 5.65"

That's what I wanted..GPS is happy now. I don't think I could have gotten lost though.

Looks like I am going to get everything in the truck without too much difficulty.

I usually just throw stuff in on the way back but I don't think it is going to happen. I haven't even put anything in the cab of the truck. :) Pictures will be taken for sure.

I've got to pull two seats from the van just to make some sleeping room for myself.

I'm glad it's always packed and I don't have to haul this stuff through the house!

Back
Top Bottom