So, what to do with dozens of LPs ...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Green_Manelishi

Contributor
Reaction score
As I said. Cleaning out the cellar. A couple of "hunerd" LPs (if you don't know what an LP is don't ask) that are slowly being "replaced" with CDs. I even have a turntable. Does anyone still collect LPs?

We have a lovely collection of irreplaceable stuff on vinyl. My husband keeps saying he's going to convert it to some kind of digital format, clean it up with software and archive it, but I haven't seen any signs of that happening.

How much? :eyebrow:

do it easy:
Dude, you could take that vinyl and scratch it old school- DJ Green!

What kinds of artists and titles do you have there?

Oh sure, like the hip hop crowd will get into a shuffle version of Black Sabbath's "Rat Salad".

Cripes, it'll take me a while to compile a list but the main players are:

Black Sabbath: everything up to Heaven and Hell

Judas Priest: Everything up to Defenders of The Faith

The Scorpions: Up to Blackout (except for taken by force)

Kansas: up to Monolith

Pink Floyd: up to The Wall

Accept: up to Metal Heart

Queensryche: up to Rage for Order

Van Halen I and II

Ted Nugent Stranglehold, Free for All, Cat Scratch Fever

There are many solo albums as well.

what, no Motorhead?

H2Andy:
what, no Motorhead?

Sorry to disappoint you. No Slayer, Anthrax, Mercyful Fate, Iron Maiden, etc. either.

I do however have an autographed copy of an album by these guys: http://www.snakefoot.com/psd.htm. The name of the band is Pajama Slave Dancers. They were (in)famous for such unknown gems as Homo Truck Driving Man, Surfing Sex Machine, Scoutmasters From Hell, Farm Rap, Trainwreck on Prom Night, No Dick, and Defreeze Walt Disney.

Sounds like my old vinal collection. One word for you, EBAY!

Wildcard:
Sounds like my old vinal collection. One word for you, EBAY!

When we moved a few years back I sold more than a hundred albums on e-bay. Was shocked at what some of them got bid up to.

Put a starting bid of $2 and shipping price of $5 on them.

I think I ended up with about $500 profit (after shipping and ebay costs) on stuff I was gonna throw away otherwise.

TSandM has no faith! I told her I'm at the start of a two year project to digitize vinyl and video tape. I think I need a dual core processor to really do this right....

I have done some digitizing of records and, at least to my old ears, the sound is right -- even with some of the pops.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom