DIN Dust Cap?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have a dust cap where the line goes through the cap and is knotted to itself on the inside. of the cap. This lets it swivel without getting twisted. If I recall I got it from extreme exposure. But I could be wrong.
Yeah, that looks like the cylinder valve dust cap. I have the same. Thanks.

Yeah, yoke dust caps are usually tied to rental regulators so that they won't get lost.

Gotta say, I do a lot of diving with people in doubles and with CCR bailout regs. I don't think that I have ever seen anyone tie a DIN dust cap to the regulator and take it in the water with them. Not sure why you would do that, or what the advantage would be.
This is how Scubapro sells their regs - the dust cap is not removeable to ordinary buyers unless they are confident enough to tinker with their newly bought gear..

IMG_8103.jpeg

This is how Scubapro sells their regs - the dust cap is not removeable to ordinary buyers unless they are confident enough to tinker with their newly bought gear..

View attachment 859168
Simple. Cut the POS off and get a proper screw on cap. I do that with all of my regs that come with that stupid contraption.

um.... it stretches and pulls off....

Quoting GEICO ads of old, "Even a Caveman could do it"...
Hmm.. I guess I am too civilised then … :rofl3:

Point being a first time new gear buyer is not likely to wrestle with it to remove it, rather leave it intact because it came from the factory and is “supposed to be there … “

I just use a thick towel to dry it off after blowing some air - a few droplets in the cap are not going to penetrate the sinter filter in any case…

Hmm.. I guess I am too civilised then … :rofl3:

Point being a first time new gear buyer is not likely to wrestle with it to remove it, rather leave it intact because it came from the factory and is “supposed to be there … “

I just use a thick towel to dry it off after blowing some air - a few droplets in the cap are not going to penetrate the sinter filter in any case…

Just because it’s included doesn’t mean it’s “supposed to be there”. Plenty of manufacturers don’t include an attached cap on DIN regs. They know the vast majority of DIN users don’t take their caps with them on the dive.

Also, as to “blowing some air”, please just stop. The rest of us on the boat will thank you. Seriously. It is one of the top 3 things you can do on a boat that annoys the crap out of everyone else!

Here’s just a few that realize DIN divers don’t want attached caps.

IMG_8216.jpeg

IMG_8217.jpeg
IMG_8218.jpeg
IMG_8219.jpeg
IMG_8220.jpeg

And at least two of those appear to ship the nice delrin version even!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom