DIN Dust Cap?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

"They don't need to go with you" isn't quite helpful. Just like the caps for the valves are tied off on the valves, and yoke caps are tied off to their respective orifices, I want my DIN caps tied off to their regulators, not somewhere else where I DON'T need them to be. Regardless if keeping an accessory with the item it goes to makes sense to you or not, it does to me, so I'm looking for a better method of tieing them off.

Wow, people are just trying to help. Sometimes you learn more from the answers to questions you didn't ask.

Yeah, yoke dust caps are usually tied to rental regulators so that they won't get lost.

Gotta say, I do a lot of diving with people in doubles and with CCR bailout regs. I don't think that I have ever seen anyone tie a DIN dust cap to the regulator and take it in the water with them. Not sure why you would do that, or what the advantage would be.

But if you want a swivel, I guess you could put a fishing swivel or something between the line to the cap and the line to the reg?

just put a swiwel on ypur

just put this swivel on the lanyards:
Good idea, thanks!

Our latest din cap has a rotating head so your securing loop never twist with the center rotating!

1725051467003.png

Female First Stage Din Rotating Cap "Ocean Blue"

In fact, for doubles, just leave the regs on the tanks and there's no need for dust caps at all. (Maybe unscrew them half a turn to not unnecessarily flatten the o-ring if you want.)

In fact, for doubles, just leave the regs on the tanks and there's no need for dust caps at all. (Maybe unscrew them half a turn to not unnecessarily flatten the o-ring if you want.)
Correct. Until you need to fill or inspect the tanks, service the regulators, or otherwise disassemble the system.

I have a dust cap where the line goes through the cap and is knotted to itself on the inside. of the cap. This lets it swivel without getting twisted. If I recall I got it from extreme exposure. But I could be wrong.

Attachments

• IMG_2031.jpeg
    IMG_2031.jpeg
    100.9 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_2030.jpeg
    IMG_2030.jpeg
    112.1 KB · Views: 23
I use the ones provided. Simple plastic with threads, no seal. I screw them by turning the plastic cap itself.

These are stored then in the bag of my reg, so are always in dry condition.
I put them on after dive (dry towel do make sure everything is dry) by screwing the plastic cap.

My 1st stages NEVER EVER are in contact with water without being connected to a tank with an o ring in place. I only rinse the second stages. From time to time I would rinse the 1st stages while still attached to the tank at home, especially after a trip with salt water. In lakes with fresh water without any chemicals its not an issue.

Back
Top Bottom